All-Star Awards Banquet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
What are some things at your gym that you do for the end of the year awards banquet such as awards, team gifts and stuff for team parents?

All the team members receive a medal with the gym name and mascot and the year. Each team also gives out three medals for the following: most improved, most valuable and most dedicated. The coaches all bought their team moms a gift of appreciation. Last year our team gave our coaches each a scrapbook of the season with pictures from comps, the separate teams, the gym wide picture, and results of comps and included impromptu pictures as well. The coaches seemed to like them.

Last year we all got pillows with our team picture on one side and it was white on the other. they came with sharpies so on the white side everyone could sign them :)

Last season, all the athletes got Tank Tops with the team name on the front and a quote or ranking on the back. For example our Mini 1 team had "Stellar Dazzlers" on the front and "Beast of The East 2011 Champions" on the back. As for the other teams our Junior 2 got "Stellar Radiance" and the front and "Wanna see what real champions look like? Give us 2 1/2 minutes, and we'll show you" on the back. I thought they were a really cute it.

As for the coaches, they each got a vase and one athlete got a rose to put in the vase. And they also got bags with this names on them.

Junior 2 also got hoddies for place 2nd at US Finals :)

At my first gym we got t-shirts with all the team names and all of our championships from that year and we each got a cd with the end of the year videos on it. My second gym I cheered at all the seniors got a star necklace (not sure about what the boys got) and they took the money that was left over from booster club and made two scholarships for two of the seniors. I'm not sure what we are doing this year because it's a brand new gym but hopefully something awesome:)

Oh yeah to answer to the topic, at the VAS banquets we have each team go up onstage and a slideshow plays and there's awards for Most Inspirational, Most Improved, and Coach's Award, and then the athletes make a speech about the season and gives the coaches flowers. I wish I could somehow translate the magnitude of my gratuity to my coaches, but I don't think there is anything tangible to describe it...

It's so sad. We have three more too and I'm going to be a mess.
lol dont worry i looked like a hot tranny train wreck at our year end, i was so calm and composed then my flier who was only in grade 8 looked at me started bawling and said i was the best base/back shes ever had and she was going to miss me i cried for 2 hours straight afterwards and people gave me funny looks cause it was only my first year at the gym but they didnt know i had 7 years of experience :p

Back