High School Awards Ceremony Ideas - Awards Needed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 19, 2014
Hey everyone! The high-school team that I coach has an awards night and I am expected to give each athlete an award! Of course some are easy (MVP, most improved, best base, best flyer, etc.) however when you're dealing with 30 high-school athletes, not everyone stands out! I'm looking for some very basic/general award titles that I would be able to give out to those athletes that don't really STAND OUT during the season!! Personality traits gladly acceptable! I've come up with about 20 but need a few more!!

Help a coach out!

Best attitude, most dependable, most team spirited, loudest cheers, most flexible...

I will keep thinking

ETA: What all do you have!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Do you want to keep them serious or go a funny route? I've done candy themed awards before and the girls loved them.

Do you want to keep them serious or go a funny route? I've done candy themed awards before and the girls loved them.

Either works!!! Some are serious, MVP, etc. but funny would work for some also :) Candy themed?! Elaborate please :)

Best attitude, most dependable, most team spirited, loudest cheers, most flexible...

I will keep thinking

ETA: What all do you have!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

OOH! I like all of those! Here are some of what I have:
MVP

Trendsetter

Most Determined Tumbler

Overall Improvement

Rockstar Award

Most Adaptable

Motivational Speaker

Excellence

Most Improved Flexibility

Most Improved Flyer

Most Improved Backspot

Determination

Dedication

Voice Of Reason

Fighting Heart

Faith Over Fear

Leadership

I did things like Jolly Rancher for the girl who was always happy or had a great attitude.
Laffy Taffy for the jokester
3 Musketeers for one who always looked out for the team
Butterfinger for the klutz (gotta be careful about that one. The girl I gave it to had a great sense of humor)
Ring Pop for the "pop star" ---the best dancer
Skittles for the most colorful practice clothes

I can probably find the full list if you want.

Do you have to give everyone an award? I know we're a feel good sport, but I've always found that awards mean more when the winners are limited.

We used to do:
MVP
Most Improved
Unsung Hero

ETA: I'd go the all silly route or limited awards route. HS girls understand when their award was made up just to give them something.

Do you have to give everyone an award? I know we're a feel good sport, but I've always found that awards mean more when the winners are limited.

We used to do:
MVP
Most Improved
Unsung Hero

ETA: I'd go the all silly route or limited awards route. HS girls understand when their award was made up just to give them something.

"Unfortunately" we do! For my club awards, we do only a few meaningful awards however for the high school team that I coach in order to avoid parent harassment (has been an issue in the past), we give out an award to everyone! That is what makes this so difficult as you have to come up with something that doesn't sound like you pulled it out of you-know-where!

Everyone is being really helpful though, I've added quite a few to my list!! Really like the Unsung Hero one!!

"Unfortunately" we do! For my club awards, we do only a few meaningful awards however for the high school team that I coach in order to avoid parent harassment (has been an issue in the past), we give out an award to everyone! That is what makes this so difficult as you have to come up with something that doesn't sound like you pulled it out of you-know-where!

Everyone is being really helpful though, I've added quite a few to my list!! Really like the Unsung Hero one!!
I feel you. Parents are difficult. Can we just coach orphans?

For my HS team we had to do that to, with having an award for each person which were created by the captains. My senior year we used the most of the same above but then like you had troubles thinking of more. Some other ones we did were Best Jumps, Best Motions, Best Dancer (could probably think of a more creative title), Team Comedian, just to name a few.

Highest GPA
Best dancer
Best pep rally performer

You could get into best emotion, highest pouf, best game day make-up...

Ohhhh! I could have used a thread like this when I was racking my brain trying to come upp with awards for all of my tinys last season. I tend to stay away from using 'best' in the title. Yes, it's hard when trying to come up with so many awards, but telling one girl she has better jumps than everybody else makes the rest of the team feel bad. I like @Lesia Rathje 's Rockstar, Determination, & Trendsetter ideas!

Here are some of mine, I'm sorry if they're too juvenile for your team. i included the concept with the name of the award, so maybe that'll help if the title doesn't. I just had to do awards for 6 year olds.

Mini Megaphone (You can always drop "mini" & make it the megaphone award for the loudest)

Head in the Game Award (for the girl who pays attention to what's going on out on the field/court)

Perfect Attendance

Warrior (someone who is able to fall down & brush it off)

Fashionista (crazy-in-a-good-way/high fashion, fun makeup)

Picasso/ [insert famous artist's name here, could even be beloved art teacher at school] Award (this one's for the cheerleader who's first in line to help with the banner and her fellow squad's faces on game day)

Forever Stamp (something that has to do with the mail or distance that's cheesy, maybe it's the see you later award, or the don't forget to write award, i don't know. Here's the idea. Since it's high school, i'm guessing some of these kids are seniors. This award can go to the athlete who is traveling the farthest away for college.) That last one was horrible, I know, this is why I make awards for children. Anyway, best of luck!!!!!!!

For my HS team we had to do that to, with having an award for each person which were created by the captains. My senior year we used the most of the same above but then like you had troubles thinking of more. Some other ones we did were Best Jumps, Best Motions, Best Dancer (could probably think of a more creative title), Team Comedian, just to name a few.

I really like the Comedian one! Very original and obviously personal! Doesn't sound like you posted on the Fierce Board asking for random awards... hahaha!!

Thank you :)

Ohhhh! I could have used a thread like this when I was racking my brain trying to come upp with awards for all of my tinys last season. I tend to stay away from using 'best' in the title. Yes, it's hard when trying to come up with so many awards, but telling one girl she has better jumps than everybody else makes the rest of the team feel bad. I like @Lesia Rathje 's Rockstar, Determination, & Trendsetter ideas!

Here are some of mine, I'm sorry if they're too juvenile for your team. i included the concept with the name of the award, so maybe that'll help if the title doesn't. I just had to do awards for 6 year olds.

Mini Megaphone (You can always drop "mini" & make it the megaphone award for the loudest)

Head in the Game Award (for the girl who pays attention to what's going on out on the field/court)

Perfect Attendance

Picasso/ [insert famous artist's name here, could even be beloved art teacher at school] Award (this one's for the cheerleader who's first in line to help with the banner and her fellow squad's faces on game day)

Forever Stamp (something that has to do with the mail or distance that's cheesy, maybe it's the see you later award, or the don't forget to write award, i don't know. Here's the idea. Since it's high school, i'm guessing some of these kids are seniors. This award can go to the athlete who is traveling the farthest away for college.) That last one was horrible, I know, this is why I make awards for children. Anyway, best of luck!!!!!!!

LOVE THEM! Not too juvenile at all! Thank you so much!

Perfect Attendance

Just thought of something else! I also like to avoid "BEST" (with the exception of MVP, but that is really defined by the most adaptable/best overall athlete and everyone usually knows who it is). Instead, I like to use "MOST IMPROVED"! Just a side-note :)

Back