Backspotting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 28, 2013
Does anyone have any good workouts, drills or tips for backspots? I really want to get more height into the basket toss that I do in the routine and I need to push up more when I backspot an extension stretch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Hold something relatively heavy (10kg) out in front of you. Extend your arms out and have them parallel to the floor. Holding that position with the weight will work the muscles back bases usually use to stunt and will increase your strength. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

For basket tosses.. I find going under the basket rather than just pushing up from under the flyers' butt makes a huge difference! Especially if your flyer can stand up fast enough during the basket toss already, then there is no need to assist her-- just blast from under the basket and that would usually help with the height! :)

Definitely go under the bases hands for baskets! I can't even begin to tell you what a difference it makes.

Legs legs legs. Do squats, lunges, etc. to strengthen your legs. Most of your power should come from the legs if you'r easing proper technique. I tend to jump when I stunt too, especially in baskets and cradles to get extra height. Nothing crazy, just little jumps to get more power from my legs. Our doubles are always higher and better when I jump

Back