OT Bags For School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I LOVE it! I was actually considering that for my backpack :) Did you like it??
LOVED IT! It didnt get destroyed at all even after I used it everyday. You can carry so much in there at one time. Definitely recommend it :)

I have a girl going into 6th grade and a girl going into 8th grade. My 8th grader insists that they have to have a messenger bag/tote. She says NO ONE uses backpacks at their school. :/ My 6th grader really wanted a backpack because she says the totes hurt her shoulder and back, but NOOOO she had to buy a tote because "backpacks are nerdy" so says her older sister. Grrrr lol Why is a back pack considered nerdy in middle school yet all you high school/college kids use them?? Get me outta this middle school madness!! LOL

I have a girl going into 6th grade and a girl going into 8th grade. My 8th grader insists that they have to have a messenger bag/tote. She says NO ONE uses backpacks at their school. :/ My 6th grader really wanted a backpack because she says the totes hurt her shoulder and back, but NOOOO she had to buy a tote because "backpacks are nerdy" so says her older sister. Grrrr lol Why is a back pack considered nerdy in middle school yet all you high school/college kids use them?? Get me outta this middle school madness!! LOL

LOL my MS was the same way. I even felt that way through first semester of HS 'cause I thought it carried over. MS was also the time of life when, if you had to walk somewhere by yourself in school, you probably had no friends, and kids that brought lunch were lame. So glad I never have to go back haha that place is a SHARK TANK!

LOL my MS was the same way. I even felt that way through first semester of HS 'cause I thought it carried over. MS was also the time of life when, if you had to walk somewhere by yourself in school, you probably had no friends, and kids that brought lunch were lame. So glad I never have to go back haha that place is a SHARK TANK!

I have one almost done and the other just getting started! I may need to enter a mental institution for the next three years! lol It's just awful! So silly and caddy!

I have one almost done and the other just getting started! I may need to enter a mental institution for the next three years! lol It's just awful! So silly and caddy!

Oy. Best of luck to you Susan!

I felt that way too! But I just gave up with the whole "what's in" drama and got a backpack. A lot of my friends later got one so try telling your kids about the "trend setter" ways... and no pain :)

im going to be a junior in high school, and im getting a backpack this year. Totes are awful. theyre cute, but my school doesnt have lockers and it really sucks walking back and forth across campus everyday with 5 textbooks on your shoulder.

:)im going into seventh grade and last year i used a small vera bradley backpack for like pencils and purse things i guess and heldd my books in my arms, this year im doing that again but im also getting a jansport backpack

My sister will be in 11th...she bought a Northface bookbag yesterday. Her freshman year she carried a totebag and that only lasted a few weeks. I told her that she looked flat out stupid lugging around a heavy tote bag and it was too heavy to be practical. She then got another LL Bean.

Now I don't get how a bookbag is nerdy...however what is nerdy and I still laugh at to this day, are rolling bookbags. My niece asked for one for 1st grade and I told her mom that there is no way on earth I will allow that.

In college I carred a tote back (monogrammed)..which is more practical for college.

all through high school i used a messenger bag. and now that i'm going to college, i will still be using a messenger bag. but, i'm planning on getting a nice weatherproof backpack too, probably a northface or an ll bean.

Latest posts

Back