All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can you go back in time and change the scoresheet from two weeks ago? NOPE.

Yes, the 50 weeks leading up to Worlds matters!!!
However the week after Worlds... there is nothing we can do about, so just ENJOY IT!

enjoy what? the silver medal around your neck, knowing that bangkok did not win within the rules that EVERYONE else had to follow? yeah... no.

If you're referencing me... I am not saying any of that! I am saying Bangkok excels at the classic Level 6 cheer style! Let us stop worrying about how they scored, how they should've scored, how they shouldn't have scored, etc. and just be happy for them that they took the World home!

They didn't win ICU Worlds because Team USA Premier had the pyramids AND other elements that fill up the score sheet!

I can't be happy for someone who won something they didn't deserve. Medals can be taken away years later--Tyson Gay, anyone?

Can you go back in time and change the scoresheet from two weeks ago? NOPE.

Yes, the 50 weeks leading up to Worlds matters!!!
However the week after Worlds... there is nothing we can do about, so just ENJOY IT!

Well, we are in those 50 weeks leading up to Worlds that matter. And this is our attempt to make sure it doesn't happen again (for a THIRD time)

I'm not sure when you became the expert on what exactly the "classic level 6 cheer style is."

But I've been a level 6 athlete for 7 years and I can tell you it's more than just pyramids.

Can we change the results? No. But we can make a stick about it so that USASF doesn't pull this crap in the future.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Being a level 6 athlete for 7 years doesn't make you an expert on "classic level 6 style" either. Classic level 6 isn't a "throwback to 2000" it is a throwback to 1970!!!!

Neither of us are experts.

Being a level 6 athlete for 7 years doesn't make you an expert on "classic level 6 style" either. Classic level 6 isn't a "throwback to 2000" it is a throwback to 1970!!!!

Actually, @Ashley knows the level 6 rules and scoresheets probably better than anyone on the boards. I consider her an expert.

You're right, I apologize. I missed the part on the scoresheet for how closely your routine resembles something from 40 years ago. Level 6 wasn't even a thing 40 years ago. All Star Cheerleading wasn't even a thing 40 years ago.

You're right, I apologize. I missed the part on the scoresheet for how closely your routine resembles something from 40 years ago. Level 6 wasn't even a thing 40 years ago. All Star Cheerleading wasn't even a thing 40 years ago.

The title wasn't there, you're right... however, if you want to tell yourself that one day All Star Cheerleading just appeared then go right ahead BUT we have decades of 3 high pyramids with no spotters and dismounts straight to the ground to thank for the sport we love and now know as "All Star Cheerleading".

The title wasn't there, you're right... however, if you want to tell yourself that one day All Star Cheerleading just appeared then go right ahead BUT we have decades of 3 high pyramids with no spotters and dismounts straight to the ground to thank for the sport we love and now know as "All Star Cheerleading".

I understand that. Should I be able to do double back baskets because at one point they were legal?

I understand that. Should I be able to do double back baskets because at one point they were legal?

No lol. I am not saying that at all. All I am saying is Bangkok IS what cheerleading USED to be and we should honor them for that. I am not saying I agree with how USASF scored their tumbling and baskets I am just backing up the fact that I am happy for them that they won. I don't disagree with what you are saying, I've been in the CURRENT industry long enough BUT I am saying that there is no point arguing what happened this season. Next season is a fresh start for them, for us and for USASF.

No lol. I am not saying that at all. All I am saying is Bangkok IS what cheerleading USED to be and we should honor them for that. I am not saying I agree with how USASF scored their tumbling and baskets I am just backing up the fact that I am happy for them that they won. I don't disagree with what you are saying, I've been in the CURRENT industry long enough BUT I am saying that there is no point arguing what happened this season. Next season is a fresh start for them, for us and for USASF.

They could have honored them by letting them compete on the baseball field even if they hadn't won. But teams are competing against the worlds scoresheet, it doesn't matter if they're what cheer USED to be. That's not what the scoresheet measures and it's not fair to take a globe away from a team that should have won. USASF has now done this with Bangkok twice. And it's crap. We love Bangkok, but it's not fair, and it needs to stop. It does nothing but make a farce of USASF and the scoresheet. We don't know that there's no point to arguing. Maybe if we make a big enough stink they'll keep it in mind for next year.

Back