All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No lol. I am not saying that at all. All I am saying is Bangkok IS what cheerleading USED to be and we should honor them for that. I am not saying I agree with how USASF scored their tumbling and baskets I am just backing up the fact that I am happy for them that they won. I don't disagree with what you are saying, I've been in the CURRENT industry long enough BUT I am saying that there is no point arguing what happened this season. Next season is a fresh start for them, for us and for USASF.

I saw teams in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. I even cheered on some in the 80s and 90s. None of them looked remotely like Bangkok.

Level 6 isn't about old style collegiate cheer. If it was, we wouldn't be working full ups, tick tocks, etc., which didn't exist back then. Yes their pyramids are cool, but they still need to partner stunt and tumble. The score sheet reflects the need for those elements. Stunting makes up about 65% of the IO(C)6 score sheet, and that includes partner stunting. Tumbling is only 10% combined, but teams with more are still going to score higher. Just to clarify, I'm no expert, but I've been stunting level 6 for almost 20 years, before it even existed. It wasn't all about pyramids back then either.

If allowing judges to give the scores “they think a team deserves” based on the crowd reaction, and the coaches illegal antics at the introduction of the team, as well as the illegal celebration at the conclusion, jumping on the spotter, hugging them in celebration, isn’t enough…what about the expectation of following the stated rules? The IOC 6 score sheet is posted on the USASF and IASF website for all to see and to analyze. The scores-sheet is very detailed and precise! http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2/..._14_scoresheet-pack_Coed-L6-International.pdf

If a judge is not trained to interpret the score-sheet fairly…this person SHOULDN’T be a JUDGE!

When you score a 70% on a final test in college, when the syllabus lays out the expectations, and you discover, the score is an obvious mistake, do you confront your professor or let it go? You obviously ask for an explanation and a review of your test. If there was an error, you would expect a score change and an apology!!

I’ve been seeing tweets and FB posts that certain teams should stop whining about their placement at Worlds! It’s not whining! It’s standing up for what’s right! What I see when asked to stop the “whining” is a plea to stop the confrontation because you know the scoring was absolutely wrong and you want your placement to stand! A person who accepts a fraudulent award is a coward! So stop with the accusations of whining, and acknowledge that the judging was fraudulent and a joke!

Last edited:
This doesn't have to do with them winning Worlds, but can anybody explain to me what's happening in Bangkok (and the rest of Thailand I guess) right now? I saw something about a coup, which is an overthrow of the government. Very scary, I'm praying it gets worked out and no more people die/are injured.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

All I can tell is that it's allegedly not a coup "yet", but the army has declared martial law.

2lo6tfo.gif

...sorry I couldn't resist.

Back