All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 10, 2013
I know Bangkok has amazing pyramids, but I really do not understand how they got first. Can anyone else explain? They dropped twice, every stunt was assisted, they had a bobble in their pryamid, they waited forever to start, and someone from the audience jumped up and hugged an athlete on stage. Didn't lady lightening lose because of that similar situation last year? Can someone fill me in...

I know Bangkok has amazing pyramids, but I really do not understand how they got first. Can anyone else explain? They dropped twice, every stunt was assisted, they had a bobble in their pryamid, they waited forever to start, and someone from the audience jumped up and hugged an athlete on stage. Didn't lady lightening lose because of that similar situation last year? Can someone fill me in...
I don't really know what the situation is, but LL dropped from 2nd to 3rd last year because of that, not 1st to 3rd ;)

So i understand your question and i'm curious, too.
I am very interessted to see their scores and possible deductions.

The pyramid where the guy holds his flyer at chest level would be clearly illegal in germany, because it's 3 high. You can argue, that she's not at shoulder level, but i think there should be no grey area.
Our rules even have photos and paintings how they count 1 high, 0,5 high etc. They only allowed 3 high pyramide is the 2-1-1 tower, like the extended Partnerstunt where middlelayer is on thight stand.

They are amazing, and their pyramid score should be through the roof (minus the pyramid that i see as a 3 high), but tumbling and true coed stunting is not there.

So like i said, if we could see scores and possible deductions to understand, i'd feel much better.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So i understand your question and i'm curious, too.
I am very interessted to see their scores and possible deductions.

The pyramid where the guy holds his flyer at chest level would be clearly illegal in germany, because it's 3 high. You can argue, that she's not at shoulder level, but i think there should be no grey area.
Our rules even have photos and paintings how they count 1 high, 0,5 high etc. They only allowed 3 high pyramide is the 2-1-1 tower, like the extended Partnerstunt where middlelayer is on thight stand.

They are amazing, and their pyramid score should be through the roof (minus the pyramid that i see as a 3 high), but tumbling and true coed stunting is not there.

So like i said, if we could see scores and possible deductions to understand, i'd feel much better.

Sorry Green Storm, just meant to post! Not reply (although I am to this thread). I really think there should be a separate division just for teams outside of the USA. Clearly they have talent and compete at this type of level, but not ours. It is not a fair set up at all.

For the record, the LL deduction for last year did NOT drop them in the placements at all. But yes they were still deducted for it.

People keep throwing around the "illegal" term, I was wondering if someone could post the video and break it down for any legalities. I'm not as knowledgeable on the subject.

For the record, the LL deduction for last year did NOT drop them in the placements at all. But yes they were still deducted for it.

People keep throwing around the "illegal" term, I was wondering if someone could post the video and break it down for any legalities. I'm not as knowledgeable on the subject.

So even if legalities were not the issue, here is what I saw between 1st and 2nd:
Bankok, 7 Tucks, 7 fulls
2 toe touch jump section
4 baskets (2 sections) all with fronts
all assisted stunts

CheerChallenge:
10 fulls, majority team 4 jump section to tuck, 7 standing fulls
unassisted stunts
3 baskets (one section, fronts on two), 6 baskets (one section, no fronts)

That is just a brief list I wrote down just now. Forget legality (although CLEARLY you can see in the center of the pyramid, the young man is holding his flyer at his armpit level).

I don't understand how it's possible.

Tumbling isn't a huge part of the scoresheet, but theirs is not good. Their baskets are pretty good, but they do 4 coed stunts - hands to stretch. That's a major part of the scoresheet and that's nothing compared to what the other teams were doing. Their round off rewinds were onto 3 boys, so that counts in the group building section, which has way less possible points than coed. No way they out scored the other teams in jumps. Probably not dance either.

Even maxing out their pyramid score, that alone shouldn't have put them into first. Pyramids are like 20% of the scoresheet. I don't get it.

There's a video here (from last night, not finals)

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2/..._14_scoresheet-pack_Coed-L6-International.pdf

Last edited:
Sorry Green Storm, just meant to post! Not reply (although I am to this thread). I really think there should be a separate division just for teams outside of the USA. Clearly they have talent and compete at this type of level, but not ours. It is not a fair set up at all.

There's a lot of international athletes on this board that would argue with you about that. Tell that to Great White Sharks, who legitimately won IO5.

I believe they believe the middle structure here where the flyer is above hip level

2hi59qf.jpg

I don't understand because I heard on twitter that Bangkok's score coming out of semis was 266, while all the US teams broke into 270 with PCM and CC and CA nearing 280.

Did I get bad scores or something?

I believe they believe the middle structure here where the flyer is above hip level

2hi59qf.jpg

I think it's okay. It's really not much higher than some people hold a 2-2-1. But normally in that pyramid the mid-level holds the top on his or her forearm.

I think it's okay. It's really not much higher than some people hold a 2-2-1. But normally in that pyramid the mid-level holds the top on his or her forearm.

I can see both sides of the coin. Its not much higher than belly button where it's supposed to be but it's not much lower than a shoulder stand either. It looks like her heels are about at shoudlers.

Edit: Let it go on record that I love them, but I see where everyone is coming from because I didn't really see it as a winning routine.

Last edited:
Back