All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't understand because I heard on twitter that Bangkok's score coming out of semis was 266, while all the US teams broke into 270 with PCM and CC and CA nearing 280.

Did I get bad scores or something?

I think they probably had legalities.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

@Angelica "Bangkok won because they are incredible. They have become quite the performers I must say"
I would agree, but there are plenty of other teams just as incredible and are performers who would NOT have won if they had performed this routine.
@Ashley "There's a lot of international athletes on this board that would argue with you about that. Tell that to Great White Sharks, who legitimately won IO5."
Agreed, I almost included Canada. But I think you probably get what I meant.

@Angelica "Bangkok won because they are incredible. They have become quite the performers I must say"
I would agree, but there are plenty of other teams just as incredible and are performers who would NOT have won if they had performed this routine.
@Ashley "There's a lot of international athletes on this board that would argue with you about that. Tell that to Great White Sharks, who legitimately won IO5."
Agreed, I almost included Canada. But I think you probably get what I meant.

Your right there are a lot of incredible teams that were there because it's WORLDS. That's expected! But did you see any other level 6 coed team do anything like Bangkok? I'm still trying to figure out how they saved their last structure of their routine their first performance.

I believe they believe the middle structure here where the flyer is above hip level

2hi59qf.jpg

From my point of view her heels are really high up his chest, maybe not completely shoulder level, but if the would hold her on one foot in a prep, it would be also (german rules) a three high. Should be deducted.

And even if it was not - the comparing skills between 1st and 2nd is enough for me to be curious about this placement.

Again, not hating on bangkok or international teams - but i think at worlds should win the teams with the best skills executed the best.
There is also this 3 each country rule that doesn't fit in the best of the best thing worlds should be about.

Your right there are a lot of incredible teams that were there because it's WORLDS. That's expected! But did you see any other level 6 coed team do anything like Bangkok? I'm still trying to figure out how they saved their last structure of their routine their first performance.

Unfortunately, there's a scoresheet and the gold medal doesn't just go to the team with the biggest WOW factor. It doesn't work like that. Their pyramids are bad-booty and they're an incredible team. But there's 67% of the scoresheet that aren't pyramids and I don't believe that their pyramid score is high enough to overcome their deficits in other areas.

Unfortunately, there's a scoresheet and the gold medal doesn't just go to the team with the biggest WOW factor. It doesn't work like that. Their pyramids are bad-booty and they're an incredible team. But there's 67% of the scoresheet that aren't pyramids and I don't believe that their pyramid score is high enough to overcome their deficits in other areas.

I feel especially at worlds you can make the scores match up to the "feel" of the routine very easily. Bangkok had the wow, energy and enthusiasm of a win in routine and I'm guessing somehow judges unconsciously or consciously wiggled that into the scoresheet.

The "scoresheet" is unlike any that teams compete throughout the season. The weights, ranges, lack of rubric, and overall philosophy is unlike any other event. It is insane to me that a "World Championship" is scored so differently from every other event you attend all season.

Coaches clamor (with reason) for a universal scoresheet, however, the one event that USASF controls, they make it drastically different from all of the others on purpose.

(this is not directed at Bangkok in any way)

The "scoresheet" is unlike any that teams compete throughout the season. The weights, ranges, lack of rubric, and overall philosophy is unlike any other event. It is insane to me that a "World Championship" is scored so differently from every other event you attend all season.

Coaches clamor (with reason) for a universal scoresheet, however, the one event that USASF controls, they make it drastically different from all of the others on purpose.

(this is not directed at Bangkok in any way)

Since you had a team in that division - would you be willing to share the score breakdown and/or the scores and deduction sheet?

I'm so mad. I'm sitting at the airport fuming. 285 raw score. What a joke. This is an embarrassment.

33.5/35 for single based stunting. For 4 hands-stretches.

4.4/4.5 for overall tumbling, yet their other tumbling scores were all in the 3s.

I want to be very clear. I love Bangkok. I think USASF could have had them perform at the stadium last night regardless. I don't know if it's because they're the first non-English speaking or European team (who all speak English) to be a contender, but there's no reason for this special treatment. Every single coach in that division should be blowing up the USASF's demanding an explanation.

Last edited:
I don't even know what to say. I've generally been of the opinion that when people starting doubting placements they have a biased view or whatever, but this just doesn't add up to me. I don't know the Worlds scoresheet that well, but there's a few numbers on there that I just can't understand from any perspective.

Back