All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Right?!?!??!!? Doesn't seem too hard to me....
I mean, I guess the hard part is to crush the Bangkok kid's hearts by saying "Great performances this weekend! By the way, you aren't actually World Champs you got *insert real place here*. Okay cool, bye." I would HATE to be the ones to call them up and tell them. But this could have been avoided if someone didn't make a "mistake".

But really, I don't think they'll re-score. What's done is done for now it seems.

I mean, I guess the hard part is to crush the Bangkok kid's hearts by saying "Great performances this weekend! By the way, you aren't actually World Champs you got *insert real place here*. Okay cool, bye." I would HATE to be the ones to call them up and tell them. But this could have been avoided if someone didn't make a "mistake".

But really, I don't think they'll re-score. What's done is done for now it seems.

I agree, but exactly what you said, they shouldn't have made that mistake. It just illustrates the many flaws in the scoring system.

I totally get what you're saying, but it's also not fair to the teams who actually deserved to win, to not be given what they deserve. I agree with you that I doubt they actually do something about it though. It really just sucks for everyone involved.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I totally get what you're saying, but it's also not fair to the teams who actually deserved to win, to not be given what they deserve. I agree with you that I doubt they actually do something about it though. It really just sucks for everyone involved.

You know who it doesn't suck for? The USASF. Because they get the happy fun joy of a non-US team winning (If they'd just gosh darn waited for Great Whites to exact their awesomeness, they'd have a LEGIT international winner)..AND 'apologize' and basically say 'we knew we were wrong we just don't care money plz thx bai.'

Sorry not sorry I just don't like them this weekend. At all.

If I were a coach of any of the top 4 teams right now, USASF would be in for a boat load of complaints from me. And I wouldn't stop until there was a legitimate explanation given. I rarely preach politics but the only reason I can see them giving Bangkok first is so they'd have the opportunity to perform in the baseball stadium for ESPN
IMO, this is exactly the reason. It will be shown on ESPN with the intent of making it seem that teams all over the world are competing at a high level. If you recall, last year's World's coverage showed many International Teams--and I about fell over seeing all the tucks. It's all about how they want things to appear rather than what is. Mark my words--on the Worlds coverage you will see IAG5 and IOC6 featured.

You know who it doesn't suck for? The USASF. Because they get the happy fun joy of a non-US team winning (If they'd just gosh darn waited for Great Whites to exact their awesomeness, they'd have a LEGIT international winner)..AND 'apologize' and basically say 'we knew we were wrong we just don't care money plz thx bai.'

Sorry not sorry I just don't like them this weekend. At all.

I almost never like them ^^ But this is not right for so many people. Would it be hard for all the bagkok athletes if they rescore and "find out" they made a mistake? Yes.
I totally agree with you, that is not happening.
But doen't it suck even more for every single athlete of the other teams in this division who surely don't live under a rock and know that this was not fair?

Most of the time, when i'm in doubt with scoring i tell my athletes:
What happened, happened. Get over it. Take it as a motivation to work even harder so no one can ignore you next time.
In a case like this, i'm not sure how i would response as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th place coach if my athletes asked: Why?

Your right there are a lot of incredible teams that were there because it's WORLDS. That's expected! But did you see any other level 6 coed team do anything like Bangkok? I'm still trying to figure out how they saved their last structure of their routine their first performance.

The scoresheet isn't bases off of how awesome someone can save a stunt, or a "wow" favor. It's about skills, skills that Bangkok clearly does not have. They are extremely talented, and the wow factor is there, but they did not have skills on par with some of the top teams in this division.

IMO, this is exactly the reason. It will be shown on ESPN with the intent of making it seem that teams all over the world are competing at a high level. If you recall, last year's World's coverage showed many International Teams--and I about fell over seeing all the tucks. It's all about how they want things to appear rather than what is. Mark my words--on the Worlds coverage you will see IAG5 and IOC6 featured.

I do hope to see IAG5 on ESPN because I want to see more of Great Whites...also hoping they show a little bit of GT Pink. But agree with what your coming from, they are going to want to show that not only US teams can be and were successful at worlds.

I do hope to see IAG5 on ESPN because I want to see more of Great Whites...also hoping they show a little bit of GT Pink. But agree with what your coming from, they are going to want to show that not only US teams can be and were successful at worlds.
I would like to see Flyers (one of my new favorite International programs- they did EXTREMELY well this year, on their own merits), Great Whites, Ice Queens, and Pink Ladies.

Didnt something similar happen the year that Bangkok and GT Black "tied" even though Bangkok had too many people on the floor?
That was pretty much the same response.

Well established and Olympic sports would rescore and make it right.

I believe in the USASF and promote it as the best governing body that is involved in any form of cheer but I don't know how this will be explained. Be careful to not make too many assumptions on what and why this happened until there is an official response.

Back