All-Star Bangkok Winning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I somehow think it is pretty heartbreaking to the second and third place team. The second place team though great - obviously in finals- had deductions and none were scored. There were so many scoring inconsistencies in other divisions that it makes you think there is some sort of underlying plan in placements.

We don't have to worry about this next year as Bangkok only goes to worlds every other year ;)
Upon further analysis, that may be part of the problem - everyone gets outraged about this unequal treatment for a while... Then proceeds to forget in the ensuing two years (yes I know, many of you have not forgotten earlier unequal application of rules); however, after a great length of time, the raw feeling of unfairness and outrage tends to wane. Maybe if they competed every year, and every year there were "issues", this would be cleared up more quickly and satisfactorily for everyone (I don't think anyone is trying to be malicious here, but I think consistent application of the same rules/standards to all teams will only benefit this sport.)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I asked before but nobody replied. Is this the same pyramid that was called illegal at Icu, and semi finals for Bangkok?

There isn't a rubric at Worlds. The judges may award whatever score they want and it technically isn't "wrong".

I can think of no other "World Championship" where the scoring setup, penalties, warmup, event structure, and other details are so dramatically different from all of "regular season" events.

Last edited:
I was told, I can't verify if this is true or not, but the explanation was "it's hard to interpret the rules from a different country when they struggle with English." Hire a translator maybe?

And this is not directly related to Bangkok (mainly about the senior divisions) but of course it applies.
Why do you make rules if you aren't going to enforce them?
Secondly, when you are enforcing these rules, can you tell me why some teams get pretty much blackballed and others do the same exact thing and get a medal?
It's not a "world championship", it's a high school popularity contest and you better hope the judges don't put you in the Burn Book.

How do you expect the sport to grow and legitimize if there is no rhyme or reason with anything?

Last edited:
What they have done in other sports and other situations is award a 'shared' gold medal. If you recall in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, Jamie Sale and David Pelletier were awarded silver medals. When the judging scandal was revealed, a second ceremony was performed and Sale & Pelletier received gold medals and stood on top of the podium with the Russian couple.
If the USASF actually made a mistake, I could see this being acceptable. Less heartbreak than 'you didn't deserve your medal'.
Really like this idea. Seems like a perfect solution.

i was going to stay quiet on this thread but im going to give yall my 2 cents on CERTAIN situations regarding this.

The mistake was made... okay, i get it!

Are the people that work for the USASF human?, YES! they're going to make mistakes thats EXACTLY why coaches have the right to challenge ranges and scores because the judges are human and they will mess up from time to time. So when something is challenged they can go back and review to fix it OR see other errors that occurred to make it an even playing field.

im not trying to discredit bangkoks win but... how do the scores change so drastically over night?

if this is the case ill take my sr.3 to worlds and hope that i get that panel of judges and win worlds as well NO??

here is WHY i think this has been a political choice...
the International teams get the glimpse of hope when they see someone thats not from the US win a world tittle so they will continue to come to world and spend all that money in HOPE that they will eventually get that medal or globe. So the choice was made to have them win for those reasons.

As for 0 deductions for champion.... i mean.... IDK!!?!?!

i know this wont be the last time something like this happens as coaches clearly cant do anything about what goes on behind the scenes at that panel of judges... so its just a losing battle at this point.
it is what it is.

i will no longer be replying to this thread so dont bother replying to my post :D

i was going to stay quiet on this thread but im going to give yall my 2 cents on CERTAIN situations regarding this.

The mistake was made... okay, i get it!

Are the people that work for the USASF human?, YES! they're going to make mistakes thats EXACTLY why coaches have the right to challenge ranges and scores because the judges are human and they will mess up from time to time. So when something is challenged they can go back and review to fix it OR see other errors that occurred to make it an even playing field.

im not trying to discredit bangkoks win but... how do the scores change so drastically over night?

if this is the case ill take my sr.3 to worlds and hope that i get that panel of judges and win worlds as well NO??

here is WHY i think this has been a political choice...
the International teams get the glimpse of hope when they see someone thats not from the US win a world tittle so they will continue to come to world and spend all that money in HOPE that they will eventually get that medal or globe. So the choice was made to have them win for those reasons.

As for 0 deductions for champion.... i mean.... IDK!!?!?!

i know this wont be the last time something like this happens as coaches clearly cant do anything about what goes on behind the scenes at that panel of judges... so its just a losing battle at this point.
it is what it is.

i will no longer be replying to this thread so dont bother replying to my post :D

They do not review - when we questioned a deduction we were told they already chose the top 10 and they were not going to change anything - there is no recourse at all - and this at the most important competion of the season for these athletes. I do not care if they are human - they can make a mistake but also admit to it too and correct the situation.

Do we know for a fact that the USASF have admitted that they made a mistake?

If it were me I'd rescore and re-award globes and medals, and just not tell Bankok haha. But I don't like confrontation.

Really though, you can't just admit that you made a mistake and then do nothing about it. Granted it's a very different situation, but at one of our competitions we were listening to results and it got to top 3 and we still hadn't been called (very exciting for us- only 2nd competition ever with the most experienced members on the team having cheered for little over a year), then they said that they'd made a mistake, we were in 4th, and congratulations to X team who they had announced in 4th because they were actually 3rd. I know it was only an announcement mistake and not a scoring mistake, but while we were upset that it happened, I don't think that any of us resented the fact that they switched the placings because the team who did get 3rd deserved to get it.

Summary: USASF- sort it out.

USASF did not publicly apologize, but it is confirmed they apologized to a coach from one of the top teams and admitted to making a mistake. What a horrible way to Bangkok to win also. Congrats but you aren't truly the winner.. just wrong.

USASF did not publicly apologize, but it is confirmed they apologized to a coach from one of the top teams and admitted to making a mistake. What a horrible way to Bangkok to win also. Congrats but you aren't truly the winner.. just wrong.

Confirmed by who? I haven't seen confirmation of anything - just people stating things and declaring them true. Confirmation would be the usasf saying that yes, they said that.

Confirmed by who? I haven't seen confirmation of anything - just people stating things and declaring them true. Confirmation would be the usasf saying that yes, they said that.

Okay well take it how you'd like it but I know for a fact they said it to the coach and they won't admit it publically because thats humiliating

Okay well take it how you'd like it but I know for a fact they said it to the coach and they won't admit it publically because thats humiliating

Yes I got it now. (I was just confused by the word confirmed because all I'd seen in this thread was someone posting that they said it, which isn't confirmation)

And I know they won't say it publicly - that was my point. They will never admit anything about anything publicly, so those of us who are not coaches will never actually have it confirmed. We just have to believe I suppose.

I have now heard it from what I consider a reliable source, so I believe! Carry on... (not calling you unreliable :D , I just don't know you and have now heard it from someone I know)

Yes I got it now. (I was just confused by the word confirmed because all I'd seen in this thread was someone posting that they said it, which isn't confirmation)

And I know they won't say it publicly - that was my point. They will never admit anything about anything publicly, so those of us who are not coaches will never actually have it confirmed. We just have to believe I suppose.

I have now heard it from what I consider a reliable source, so I believe! Carry on... (not calling you unreliable :D , I just don't know you and have now heard it from someone I know)

No worries I don't blame you! Totally understandable. But the fact of the matter is just so unfortunate for those top teams. I have won worlds in this division. I just feel for those that aren't in the correct placement because I would be devistated! Just unfortunate for a lot of people ya know.

I've been waiting for someone to just go ahead and say what I'm sure a lot of us are thinking....but since nobody said it yet...in these words.. I will do it. I volunteer as tribute.....

The USASF basically affirmative action-ed a win for Bangkok. There. Welcome to America.

They're great, they were fabulous, they're a total joy to watch....they still should not have been in 1st.

Back