Base To Flyer!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 13, 2014
So I am wanting to do college cheer....As many cheerleaders probably do....& I'm currently a base on my allstar but I started to fly for my high school team. Does anyone have any tips for preparing to change positions? Or any advice on whether or not I would fly or base in college based off my previous cheer career?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My CP is also a base. She was told that starting Sophomore year in high school she should start Stunt privates to learn/perfect flying. She had never been a flyer but is only 5'2''.She'll be a freshman this fall. So I would work on your co-ed flying skills so you will be ready for anything

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My biggest advice is to attend college's clinics to get a feel for the teams, their styles, and what they look for in athletes.

If you're considering a co-ed cheer program, I'd highly recommend co-ed stunting classes and privates, especially if you have NEVER flown co-ed before. The "feel" is very different.

If you're considering an all girl or small co-ed program, remain versatile. By that I mean, don't put all of your eggs in the flyer basket. The strongest candidates in terms of all-girl are those who can do BOTH really well. I'd still recommend flyer classes and privates as well.

Back