All-Star Battle At The Capitol 2013 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So very true, but the subjectivity of the scoring system, simple math errors, missed deductions, inflated difficulty scores where the difficulty doesn't exist etc will always leave room for debate the next day. It is what it is and after watching for 15 years it hasn't changed much.

As for twitter...it has just about ruined human decency as almost everyone at times tweets comments that they would not be said in a face to face environment. I doubt that any team is exempt from this occurrence and for adults to label an entire team or program based on the comments of a small minority is somewhat immature in itself.
Agreed on the twitter stuff. I think the mature people do think it only reflects on the ones posting, but on the whole people are liable to say "Jamie's janktastic Allstars are talking smack on twitter" rather than what it really is (which is a minority). Fair or not, it does reflect on the program which is probably why I see adults from cheer programs trying to remind kids to #stayclassy and watch what they post. That's in our gym rules, my guess is that it's in everyone's. if not, it should be.

Just a shame to come off a wonderful 1st day and get all worked up. Wonder if they had a rough warmup?

It happens to the best of them. I really feel like it's some bad joke! Never seen them look like this! They'll have it together this wknd though as will all of the LAG teams! They will all bring thier A+ game!

I think the problem comes in when the word "deserves" gets tossed around. If every team at Battle that deserved a bid got a bid, every team at battle would've gotten a bid. Every kid there had worked their butt off. But it comes down to those 2 1/2 minutes on the mat.

That being said, I was confused with some of the scoring over the weekend. At times the scores were the complete opposite of what we expected. I saw teams that fell apart Sunday move up
in the ranks, scores for the better of the 2 days performance be lower than the lesser
performance, and other things that didn't make sense. And this was in both halls, many
different divisions.
I have seen that happen a lot, usually due to different judging panels on both days....did Battle have different panels judge Saturday and Sunday???

In the interest of not sounding like I'm complaining, my daughters team scored higher on Sunday with multiple dropped stunts and a way less clean routine than they did on Saturday when just about everything went as planned.

Oops...my comment got stuck in the middle of your post........I wrote...I have seen this happen before, usually due to different judging panels on day 1and 2...does anyone know if Battle switches panels?

...Is it just me, or can you really not see much from that video? I got a peek at the 1 bust, one of the far stunts had a bit of trouble, and over on this side closest to the camera I see the one fall, but besides those few it's really hard to see much of anything.

2 of the full up tick tocks, 1 1.5 up, and 1 high to high. You really cant see unless you look for it.

...Is it just me, or can you really not see much from that video? I got a peek at the 1 bust, one of the far stunts had a bit of trouble, and over on this side closest to the camera I see the one fall, but besides those few it's really hard to see much of anything.
It looked much worse from head on but again you could still tell this is an amazing talented group that had a bad day

Back