All-Star Battle At The Capitol 2013 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

am i surprised by cea and maryland fitting on twitter... no.
but i am surprised that these kids think that its okay to bash the other cheerleaders on the winning team, etc....
its not really the teams fault, its more of a judges fault for crappy scoring. i think ALL teams need to learn how to lose gracefully without bashing the other team. and in this day and age with social media, maybe some of the coaches need to give a little lesson on how to properly represent your program/team after a rough day or good day. wether its a small comp. or worlds, losing sucks, but all the ranting in the world isnt gonna change the fact that you still lost.
I completely concur especially with the term "All"! However that also includes winning gracefully without bashing (your term) the losing team or any individual of that team as well. It works both ways in the many cases I have witnessed. I have already indicated my complete disdain for twitter but many kids will follow the sane approach shown by parents, coaches, gym owners etc. whether positive or negative!

I never see any cheer drama on twitter, I must be following the wrong people.
its maybe only three or four girls on the same team going back and forth that have mentioned the whole thing that happened during batc between medium coed placing, etc. a few not so nice things were said, but nothing crazy.
it just continues to prove that maryland and cheer extreme hate each other. :rolleyes: yeah i think its ridic, but amusing all at the same time....

its maybe only three or four girls on the same team going back and forth that have mentioned the whole thing that happened during batc between medium coed placing, etc. a few not so nice things were said, but nothing crazy.
it just continues to prove that maryland and cheer extreme hate each other. :rolleyes: yeah i think its ridic, but amusing all at the same time....
I wouldn't say they hate each other.

Too add to that, since some of you will attack anyway from the first comment, please look closely at the routines. Explain to me why a team the "hits" but with minimal difficulty, barely getting by, using crossovers (not all teams I'm talking about), lots of layouts, shaky or simple stunts....etc, can go level 5 and get such high scores and a bid? I honestly think this competition is a great example of what is wrong with competitive cheer.

And we wonder why people don't consider this a sport? Congratulations to the teams who got the bids, but I would think many of us should be upset after seeing the videos, then the scores and IF we were being honest.

So very true, but the subjectivity of the scoring system, simple math errors, missed deductions, inflated difficulty scores where the difficulty doesn't exist etc will always leave room for debate the next day. It is what it is and after watching for 15 years it hasn't changed much.

As for twitter...it has just about ruined human decency as almost everyone at times tweets comments that they would not be said in a face to face environment. I doubt that any team is exempt from this occurrence and for adults to label an entire team or program based on the comments of a small minority is somewhat immature in itself.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...I've never held an entire team and/or program "responsible" for the bad actions and/or poor judgments of some. I've personally witnessed so much good sportsmanship between so many of these rival teams (including the really big ones) and social media unfortunately allows people to vent what they're thinking and/or feeling "out loud" before they've had a chance to cool down, etc. This INCLUDES adults btw. I'm quite often shocked by the things I've seen adults say on fb and twitter, and here come to think of it (and I don't even follow that many people on twitter so I miss most of this crap- thank goodness). A parent's first response should be to the coach if they're baffled by a loss, etc., not to twitter

Back