LE
5/6 half-turn switch ups
6/6 low to high lib to stretch
better stability, minus one bobble
2 kick doubles, 4 switch kick doubles
2 jump to tuck fakers
3 running doubles each team
7 straight up stunts
That's what I counted for each team (didn't bother standing tumbling as my eyes are shot). I don't know Jambrands, so I can't attest to their score sheet, but I think LE also had more variety in baskets as well. If ratios play any part in it (again, IDK the sheet), LE's are a bit better.

ETA: This is what hit today. Not what they might be throwing..

I think as far as timing WG's was better (jumps and stunts and standing tumbling.) Execution looked like 30-40% on Jambrands score sheets (% was just a quick glance and guess.) I also thought that WGs were cleaner. Even with deductions, which both teams had betweens bobbles and falls, I don't think there should be that great of a gap between placements. IMO don't shoot me!

http://www.jambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/ScoreSheets/1213AllStarRecScoreSheets.pdf

WG should also get the full points for quantity stunts, which LE doesn't.

In line for paid bid:

Cheer Extreme Med Coed 94.30 Paid
Cheer Extreme SMOEX 94.00
Maryland Twisters Eclipse 93.33 Paid

I think as far as timing WG's was better (jumps and stunts and standing tumbling.) Execution looked like 30-40% on Jambrands score sheets (% was just a quick glance and guess.) I also thought that WGs were cleaner. Even with deductions, which both teams had betweens bobbles and falls, I don't think there should be that great of a gap between placements. IMO don't shoot me!

http://www.jambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/ScoreSheets/1213AllStarRecScoreSheets.pdf
I'd actually disagree with you (I went back to watch again). I'd say the choreography for WG was cleaner definitely- the way everything is laid out seemed easier to see. HOWEVER, as for actual execution and timing, at least on tumbling, I don't think WG was much better, if at all better. In some instances I'd say they were worse..it's just harder to see WTH is going on with LE due to the busy, kinda off-time stuff, so you're missing whether or not it's decent tumbling. Both WG and LE had timing issues in stunts and tumbling (dismounts in particular for WG, LE with some tumbling). LE, at least in their opening stunt sequence, also has more variety in transitions/load ins (that yo-yo thing vs just going to squish)..

According to @cheerupdates

In line for at-large bid:

Hot Cheer Allstars HOT5
CEA Lady Elite
FAME Notorious
Cheer Factor X-Factor
Cheer Command Rockets Generals
CNY Storm Warning
CEA Cougars
ICE Ft. Wayne Black Ice
Top Notch Cheer Black Diamonds

I'd actually disagree with you (I went back to watch again). I'd say the choreography for WG was cleaner definitely- the way everything is laid out seemed easier to see. HOWEVER, as for actual execution and timing, at least on tumbling, I don't think WG was much better, if at all better. In some instances I'd say they were worse..it's just harder to see WTH is going on with LE due to the busy, kinda off-time stuff, so you're missing whether or not it's decent tumbling. Both WG and LE had timing issues in stunts and tumbling (dismounts in particular for WG, LE with some tumbling). LE, at least in their opening stunt sequence, also has more variety in transitions/load ins (that yo-yo thing vs just going to squish)..
As you said, LE was busy, clustered, and off-timing.
Personally I think WG outperformed them in every meaning of the word.

Looking at potential paid bids:

Top All Girl: Eclipse 93.33, Lady Elite 93.03, Cheer Factor 91.85, CNY 90.03

Top Coed: CEA Med Coed 94.3, CEA SMOEX 94, USA Wildcasts 93.75, Hot Cheer 93.25, Reign 92.75, Fame Notorious 92.45, All Star Legacy 91.85, Cheer Command 91.4

Top Small: CEA Smoex 94, USA Wildcats 93.75, ECN 93.45, Eclipse 93.3, HotCheer Hot 5 93.25, Fame Notorious 92.45, Cheer Factor 91.85, Cheer Command 91.4

50/50 competition, way to close to call after Day 1!

I'd say stunt execution was better with WG. They both max with entries, transitions and dismounts. WG gets full credit for quantity stunts, LE doesn't. WG has a higher number throwing level skills in tumbling, but I'm guessing (I didn't count) that LE gets enough in. Neither should have an astronomically high technique score in tumbling. Jumps are a wash. Pyramid are both getting the job done in different ways, though I'd say WG might edge them slighly on technique.

Without deductions, on the Jammy scoresheet, I put WG ahead, but the scores shouldn't be that far apart. I don't know how many deductions they had besides the 2 stunt falls.

WG
6/7 Ball UP
3/7 Low to High Stretch to Lib
4/7 High to High
1 Double UP
4 1 1/2 up
Both Had messy jumps, think 3-4 jumps faked of those participating
9 straight up to ara
Both mostly fulls in running
Lady Elite cleaner tumbling, IMO
4 Kick doubles, 2 hitch kick

LE
5/6 half-turn switch ups
6/6 low to high lib to stretch
better stability, minus one bobble
2 kick doubles, 4 switch kick doubles
2 jump to tuck fakers
3 running doubles each team
7 straight up stunts
That's what I counted for each team (didn't bother standing tumbling as my eyes are shot). I don't know Jambrands, so I can't attest to their score sheet, but I think LE also had more variety in baskets as well. If ratios play any part in it (again, IDK the sheet), LE's are a bit better.

ETA: This is what hit today. Not what they might be throwing..

I'm pretty sure during jumps to back, LE had a basket toss which certainly is more than 2 fakers...unless of course they did jumps to back while the flyer was hitting the basket.

According to @cheerupdates

In line for at-large bid:

Hot Cheer Allstars HOT5
CEA Lady Elite
FAME Notorious
Cheer Factor X-Factor
Cheer Command Rockets Generals
CNY Storm Warning
CEA Cougars
ICE Ft. Wayne Black Ice
Top Notch Cheer Black Diamonds

correction: it's Maryland Twisters Lady T, not FAME Notorious

As you said, LE was busy, clustered, and off-timing.
Personally I think WG outperformed them in every meaning of the word.
I'd have to disagree, if only because the definition of the word includes accomplish, and they didn't. :D

I think LE is very much out-choreographed, at least in their opening. It's the type of setup where you need to be perfectly on the ball, and they aren't. While in general I'd say LE edges WG out only by a small margin, I do think WG really only beat themselves on this one.

Back