All-Star Battle Under The Big Top Schedule, Teams, And Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Missy, I saw Fernando as well as Nelson and his (much :)) better half, how did I never run into you?!

I looked for you and couldn't find you! Swear to Jesus. Usually I see you 10 time in warmups and never see King. I saw King many times and not you. I think you were hiding from me.........admit it.

Missy, I saw Fernando as well as Nelson and his (much :)) better half, how did I never run into you?!

And KB's team looked great to my eye. Congrats, he has talent.

I looked for you and couldn't find you! Swear to Jesus. Usually I see you 10 time in warmups and never see King. I saw King many times and not you. I think you were hiding from me.........admit it.

We all have to settle this debate over a drink at Cheersport.

In fact Missy, Nelson and I will have a practice round at Jamfest for you KB

StarshipTrooper said:
And KB's team looked great to my eye. Congrats, he has talent.

I appreciate that! It was a good weekend to be a ray, we still have a lot of work to do though, already got back to the drawing board yesterday morning in a 5 hour staff meeting. :rays:

SharkDad said:
We all have to settle this debate over a drink at Cheersport.

In fact Missy, Nelson and I will have a practice round at Jamfest for you KB

I like that plan! Work out the finer details in Indy and sign me up for cheersport!

mstealtoyou said:

I was thinking the same thing, I always run into you! We just never crossed paths I suppose

This is a semi funny story depending on who you are. LOL

My little CP tweeted on Saturday that she was going fishing for some rays or something like that. (She went against Green) She didn't mention it to me until she said that Level5Mom had re tweeted what she said. I was mortified and told her to delete it at which point my middle daughter says "It's too late now if it's been re tweeted, the whole world's seen it now" So luckily I ran into Joanne pretty early in the day so I could say how sorry I was about the tweet and that I had talked to little CP about it and asked her not to write such things again. (She's 12) Joanne was very gracious about it and said she took it as all in good fun, which was great because little CP, I think is still learning.

But imagine how disastrous that could have been if the wrong person had read it. Maybe thinking she and her team were cocky and had big heads. Imagine how much trouble she would have been in to have been quoted in a Fierceboard thread with what she had said and had every Suzie commenting on it.

So as a public service announcement I'd like to ask that if anyone see's my kids posting anything that might be misconstrued as unsportsmanlike or out of line to please text me, facebook me, message me here and believe you me I WILL take care of it with the quickness. Ms Missy doesn't play that!!

Thank you for admitting that tweet was actually made by your CP. That you had the ability and the relationship to talk to a parent and explain the situation as well as deal with your CP is great. You are absolutely right about the trouble if it had been quoted here it would have another firestorm and locked thread.

The issue is it is not so much the stuff that is said - anybody who has played competitive sports understands the raw emotions in the heat of the moment, but in not admitting it or fudging about how it happened when called on it. For us ancient people we did not have the luxury or curse of posting our immediate thoughts to the entire world to be dissected. If it spread at all it was to our local community and that was it. Not so any more. And with the internet it stays there forever.

I can truly appreciate Cory @drkillunsionz straight up admitting "our kids were no angels last night" comment as oppossed to comments saying it wasn't us, our accounts were hijacked, it was the fans, etc. I am not saying that the latter can not be true, but when that response is made every time a negative tweet, fb post or something comes out it does make you scratch your head and wonder why? If if happened or was tweeted, deal with it and the people who may have done it, apologize and move forward.

Thank you for admitting that tweet was actually made by your CP. That you had the ability and the relationship to talk to a parent and explain the situation as well as deal with your CP is great. You are absolutely right about the trouble if it had been quoted here it would have another firestorm and locked thread.

The issue is it is not so much the stuff that is said - anybody who has played competitive sports understands the raw emotions in the heat of the moment, but in not admitting it or fudging about how it happened when called on it. For us ancient people we did not have the luxury or curse of posting our immediate thoughts to the entire world to be dissected. If it spread at all it was to our local community and that was it. Not so any more. And with the internet it stays there forever.

I can truly appreciate Cory @drkillunsionz straight up admitting "our kids were no angels last night" comment as oppossed to comments saying it wasn't us, our accounts were hijacked, it was the fans, etc. I am not saying that the latter can not be true, but when that response is made every time a negative tweet, fb post or something comes out it does make you scratch your head and wonder why? If if happened or was tweeted, deal with it and the people who may have done it, apologize and move forward.

I texted this to a friend this morning. I also noted that while yes, they're all young and mistakes get made...it did seem as though Cory seemed much more ready to just admit that some of the tweets actually did come from TG's athletes, but that it had been dealt with and stopped. I understand that yes, accounts can be fake and even real accounts get hijacked. But really...SOME of those tweets were legit. Own it, take responsibility, and deal with it. I can't respect people who just continually make excuses and deny. This is not the first time that we've been fed the "Those aren't real accounts" line when it comes to Twitter and Facebook. It's nice to see at least one person involved just step up and say "Hm...yep. Not cool. We'll take care of it."

I texted this to a friend this morning. I also noted that while yes, they're all young and mistakes get made...it did seem as though Cory seemed much more ready to just admit that some of the tweets actually did come from TG's athletes, but that it had been dealt with and stopped. I understand that yes, accounts can be fake and even real accounts get hijacked. But really...SOME of those tweets were legit. Own it, take responsibility, and deal with it. I can't respect people who just continually make excuses and deny. This is not the first time that we've been fed the "Those aren't real accounts" line when it comes to Twitter and Facebook. It's nice to see at least one person involved just step up and say "Hm...yep. Not cool. We'll take care of it."

When I was in NC and the same things were happening at not as big competitions and not by kids on SE, to her credit mstealtoyou & CheerNC (I may have that name wrong) would at least tell me privately that if I would send them copies of what the kids were posting that they would deal with it. I appreciated the fact that at least they did not try to act like every one of the 800 plus athletes they had at the time would never say anything negative about any other program any where in the world.

It happens. It happened in our day, It will happen today, it will happen in the future. Big gyms, little gyms, famous gyms and gym you never heard of. Just step up and take care of it and lets all get ready for the next comps. :)

Back