All-Star Battle Under The Big Top Schedule, Teams, And Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to say, for the first time ever I am actually really disappointed by the negative comments on twitter by CEA athletes.... Not all of course, but with social media this day a few small comments go a lot farther than they used to!
I have to say, I am not a CEA fan and this is a lot of the reason why. They have posted some nasty things in the past when they don't win/get the bid. It's a shame, because they're role models to so many girls. Definitely not all of them though, so props to the girls who keep it classy!

I have to say, I am not a CEA fan and this is a lot of the reason why. They have posted some nasty things in the past when they don't win/get the bid. It's a shame, because they're role models to so many girls. Definitely not all of them though, so props to the girls who keep it classy!

I am a big fan, but not to the point where i can't recognize that TG and Orange deserved their bids.

I have to say, for the first time ever I am actually really disappointed by the negative comments on twitter by CEA athletes.... Not all of course, but with social media this day a few small comments go a lot farther than they used to!
The same can be said for athletes on Top Gun and World Cup (who wasn't even a part of this competition so I don't even understand why they care)

I'm seeing a lot of Coed Elite athletes (including one quote of Courtney Pope herself, I believe) saying things like Top Gun isn't impressive in their straight ups. If I saw correctly, Top Gun had 12 stunts in the air at one point, yes they were straight up, but so were CEA's. CEA's were more unassisted than Top Gun's, but they're also sloppier. They popped down all at different times, bobbled all over the place, and a couple fell. One quote went on to say Top Gun could never hit Coed Elite's stunt sequence, but their sequence was basically a full up stretch, in 9 groups, so maybe I'm a bit rude in saying this, but Coed Elite's routine isn't all THAT impressive that they can be THIS cocky about it. Sure they're talented, and I'm sure their Worlds routine/stunt will be harder, but for now they threw 9 full up stretches, with quite a few of those groups having 3 people under them...

You have to remember, they are kids. I have seen tons of athletes from different gyms saying crazy stuff all weekend. Twitter is the best way to vent and rage. I'm the same age as many of these girls and boys and pressing that tweet button after a rant makes you feel instantly better. Emotions just get high and the best way to let them out is on your twitter account. Not an excuse, but sometimes you have to remember that our maturity isn't always that great haha

It is a shame when athletes from any gym make such nasty comments. When you are a representitive of your gym and have pictures of you in uniform on twitter or facebook watch what you say. It is embarrassing to your entire team because you think it is ok to spew hate online. I have seen it from MANY different programs so I don't hold it against any particular program, but it really is a shame. I also wont excuse them because they are kids since most of them are teenagers who know better.

I also want to clear it up on here since I am sure the owner of the "cheer truths" twitter account is most likely a member here, you can call out F5 and SS fans for putting their teams name to shame, but don't forget all the other gyms that are doing the exact same thing, including the owner of that twitter for hiding behing an anyonomous account that puts others down.

I'm seeing a lot of Coed Elite athletes (including one quote of Courtney Pope herself, I believe) saying things like Top Gun isn't impressive in their straight ups. If I saw correctly, Top Gun had 12 stunts in the air at one point, yes they were straight up, but so were CEA's. CEA's were more unassisted than Top Gun's, but they're also sloppier. They popped down all at different times, bobbled all over the place, and a couple fell. One quote went on to say Top Gun could never hit Coed Elite's stunt sequence, but their sequence was basically a full up stretch, in 9 groups, so maybe I'm a bit rude in saying this, but Coed Elite's routine isn't all THAT impressive that they can be THIS cocky about it. Sure they're talented, and I'm sure their Worlds routine/stunt will be harder, but for now they threw 9 full up stretches, with quite a few of those groups having 3 people under them...
I completely agree with this!

You have to remember, they are kids. I have seen tons of athletes from different gyms saying crazy stuff all weekend. Twitter is the best way to vent and rage. I'm the same age as many of these girls and boys and pressing that tweet button after a rant makes you feel instantly better. Emotions just get high and the best way to let them out is on your twitter account. Not an excuse, but sometimes you have to remember that our maturity isn't always that great haha

I see that for sure, and also think that it is not fair that these "normal kids" have to deal with the cheer world scrutinizing their social media, BUT if they want to have a personal and not public account to rant in, i think having protected tweets would be a smarter choice keeping in mind when they let their thoughts be public it reflects on their team and gym!

I saw these tweets too and the lack of sportsmanship was concerning between the two athletes I saw fighting over twitter. They were both going back and forth saying things along the lines of 'we've been in first place blah blah blah obviously we're better'. I understand that they're kids but sportsmanship is key in this sport. Neither of the teams should feel cocky about there routines, they both have a long way to go till worlds, its only december. They shouldn't be bashing other teams when they have to improve on their own skills themselves.

Back