All-Star Be Careful About Sickies!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mommadonna

Cheer Parent
Nov 13, 2010
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the random thread, but I thought more folks might see it here. Be on the lookout for the Norovirus. It's going around here like crazy in schools, etc. It's a naaaasssstttyyyy stomach bug. The best way to stay away from it is to wash your hands a lot! Be careful what you touch, and wash your hands before you eat. I know these are common sense things, but... If you get sick, remember that this virus is still contagious up to a week after you feel better, so make sure you're careful about others' contact with you (sharing drinks, snacks, etc.) Everybody stay healthy!!! I know comps are crowded places where lots of folks use the same facilities, etc. Be careful! Love y'all! :kiss:

This comes to mind every time I see kids sharing drinks at practice. Don't forget - you're usually contagious before you show symptoms, also!

This went around my gym and it was awful... Remember it's competition season! Every practice counts!

One of the little girls on CP's mini team has it. She is actually in the hospital as we speak because of it. Please wash your hands frequently & don't share drinks!!

One of the little girls on CP's mini team has it. She is actually in the hospital as we speak because of it. Please wash your hands frequently & don't share drinks!!
Oh my goodness...I hope she's okay! Sending prayers her way! I wouldn't wish this thing on anyone! Bless her heart! :(

Oh my goodness...I hope she's okay! Sending prayers her way! I wouldn't wish this thing on anyone! Bless her heart! :(

Thank you. I have heard she is doing better, but as of yesterday we found out she would not be released to compete this weekend :( Poor thing, I am sure she is crushed... we had an exhibition last weekend she missed, and her grandma told us that all she was worried about was letting her team down. It's amazing, the sense of duty and the bond a bunch of 7, 8, & 9 year olds have with eachother...

What is it about the flu and stomach bug that they always seem most prevalent the week before your biggest event?! :)

Wanted to bring this back to the top to remind everyone to please wash your hands, sanitize your gyms door handles, bathroom areas, etc, and do what you can. Make sure you are getting plenty of rest, taking your vitamin C or whatever you take to stay as healthy as possible. This bug or whatever hit us extremely hard this week and weekend. Several coaches have had it - two couldn't make the trip to coach their teams this weekend. We have three teams competing this weekend and had to crossover around 10 athletes between the teams just yesterday due to this sickness alone. Normally we only have 2 crossovers in the entire program (10 - 11 teams) and only crossover due to injuries, illness or emergencies. Thankfully our parents and athletes know this is not our norm and all pitched in to try to allow all three teams to compete this weekend.

Just got word that we have to scratch one of the teams today because two more got sick. :( Please take care of yourselves!

Back