All-Star Beast Of The East, Hartford, Connecticut

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There's going to be a lot of angry coaches tonight, they legit gave legal deductions to probably 20 teams today including the team I coach. No warnings, just deducted. Unbelievable. They did it to a ton of level 5's today... Not happy. Tomorrow is a new day! Hope my tweets were helpful today! I'll do my best to tweet everyone tomorrow as well!

well it seems like the comp. was run a whole lot better than last year. everything was right on time.
although, i have NEVER heard so many level 5 teams called to the judges stand.
my 2 favorite performance had to be Spirit Central & ECE Ioc5! both amazing teams!!

So many teams did NOT hit, so i expect a lot of changes in rankings.

There's going to be a lot of angry coaches tonight, they legit gave legal deductions to probably 20 teams today including the team I coach. No warnings, just deducted. Unbelievable. They did it to a ton of level 5's today... Not happy. Tomorrow is a new day! Hope my tweets were helpful today! I'll do my best to tweet everyone tomorrow as well!

By this point in the season it would be expected that level 5 teams don't have things that are illegal in their routines.... I just think it's sort of common sense at least... IMO :) I guess better now than at worlds!

well it seems like the comp. was run a whole lot better than last year. everything was right on time.
although, i have NEVER heard so many level 5 teams called to the judges stand.
my 2 favorite performance had to be Spirit Central & ECE Ioc5! both amazing teams!!

So many teams did NOT hit, so i expect a lot of changes in rankings.

Exactly I was not happy about this today! Especially with all of the legal deductions, I may be biased because this happened to the team I coach but I don't think that it's quite fair to give teams a safety deduction on day one it should be a warning and a deduction on day two if you keep it in...its frustrating and I feel bad for all the teams this happened to today!

By this point in the season it would be expected that level 5 teams don't have things that are illegal in their routines.... I just think it's sort of common sense at least... IMO :) I guess better now than at worlds!
Well here's my thing, I coach level 4... We do a fake full up, a half up where our bases turn the other half they pull a stretch once they get to the front, they told us that tomorrow they have to hold the dead leg longer then pull the stretch. So basically our bases don't have to do anything different, they don't have to hold the flyers foot in a platform. We're doing the exact same thing except pull the stretch a few counts later. Unreal

Well here's my thing, I coach level 4... We do a fake full up, a half up where our bases turn the other half they pull a stretch once they get to the front, they told us that tomorrow they have to hold the dead leg longer then pull the stretch. So basically our bases don't have to do anything different, they don't have to hold the flyers foot in a platform. We're doing the exact same thing except pull the stretch a few counts later. Unreal
thats seems kind of picky on their part. thats what i hate about all the rules and stuff - so inconsistent.
we got called for something in our pyramid when we were in Indy (level 3). funny thing is i saw another level 3 team do the exact same thing today & i purposely waited for a while in that arena for them to get called to the judges & of course they never did!

Reactions: Sie

yeah that is a little picky

thats seems kind of picky on their part. thats what i hate about all the rules and stuff - so inconsistent.
we got called for something in our pyramid when we were in Indy (level 3). funny thing is i saw another level 3 team do the exact same thing today & i purposely waited for a while in that arena for them to get called to the judges & of course they never did!
So picky!! Unbelievable. Glad you understand!

But it also is following the rules... more than 1/2 twist must land in two legged stunt and not immediately body position... needs to hit a platform before hitting a stretch

Extended skills exceeding 1⁄2 and up to 1 twist must land in a two leg stunt. Example: full up to immediate extended liberty is illegal, full up to extension is legal. Exception: Landing in a platform position is permitted. Platform position must be visibly held prior to hitting a single leg stunt.
The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set.

Latest posts

Back