All-Star Beast Of The East, Hartford, Connecticut

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But it also is following the rules... more than 1/2 twist must land in two legged stunt and not immediately body position... needs to hit a platform before hitting a stretch

Extended skills exceeding 1⁄2 and up to 1 twist must land in a two leg stunt. Example: full up to immediate extended liberty is illegal, full up to extension is legal. Exception: Landing in a platform position is permitted. Platform position must be visibly held prior to hitting a single leg stunt.
The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set.

Right but they told us we didn't have to even be in a platform but we had to be in a dead leg, idk they're telling us one thing and it says another thing. Oh well regardless we fixed it for tomorrow hah
But it also is following the rules... more than 1/2 twist must land in two legged stunt and not immediately body position... needs to hit a platform before hitting a stretch

Extended skills exceeding 1⁄2 and up to 1 twist must land in a two leg stunt. Example: full up to immediate extended liberty is illegal, full up to extension is legal. Exception: Landing in a platform position is permitted. Platform position must be visibly held prior to hitting a single leg stunt.
The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set.

I can't believe how
Many falls the level 4 division was
Prob the worst with stunts not hitting and quit honestly a little
Frightening at times with fliers actually hitting the ground :-/

I can't believe how
Many falls the level 4 division was
Prob the worst with stunts not hitting and quit honestly a little
Frightening at times with fliers actually hitting the ground :-/
Ugh I wish I would have be able to watch all of the level 4 teams I only saw my team and the team they went against! That's not good that it was scary!

dead leg would be platform position... I think they mean both feet don't have to be held when they say platform... either way at least you know the judges know the rules! haha better than some comps I must say where everything seems to side and you wonder if the judges even know what they are talking about lol

Clarification for you on the Level 4 thing, dead leg is the same as platform for USASF rules. It doesn't have to be held in a cupie. But you need to have the flyer finish the rotation, then pull the stretch 2 counts later.

I saw sooo many teams in level 5 today that were a mess, mainly stunts falling all over the place. I hope everyone brings it tomorrow and they do a great job!!!:kiss:

There's going to be a lot of angry coaches tonight, they legit gave legal deductions to probably 20 teams today including the team I coach. No warnings, just deducted. Unbelievable. They did it to a ton of level 5's today... Not happy. Tomorrow is a new day! Hope my tweets were helpful today! I'll do my best to tweet everyone tomorrow as well!
this competition is kind of always a stickler for legalities. I know a team last season that competed a tumbling pass right to the front at quite a number of big competitions and was finally called on it for being a level higher at this comp. But I don't really blame them, it's a panel of WORLDS judges, trying to decide who will give the company the best representation at worlds.. They should be picky.
Think of it this way, would you rater have it called now or have it cost you Cheersport, NCA, UCA, Worlds, ect.?

vipergirl said:
Right but they told us we didn't have to even be in a platform but we had to be in a dead leg, idk they're telling us one thing and it says another thing. Oh well regardless we fixed it for tomorrow hah

Dead leg is considered the same as the platform position.

this competition is kind of always a stickler for legalities. I know a team last season that competed a tumbling pass right to the front at quite a number of big competitions and was finally called on it for being a level higher at this comp. But I don't really blame them, it's a panel of WORLDS judges, trying to decide who will give the company the best representation at worlds.. They should be picky.
Think of it this way, would you rater have it called now or have it cost you Cheersport, NCA, UCA, Worlds, ect.?
Absolutely, I'm not saying to let the legal issues go, but rather to warn them on day one and give them the opportunity to change the issue rather than give the deduction when clearly a lot of teams today were unclear, that's all.

Absolutely, I'm not saying to let the legal issues go, but rather to warn them on day one and give them the opportunity to change the issue rather than give the deduction when clearly a lot of teams today were unclear, that's all.
I think they probably assume that other competitions would have caught the legality (it's february, not November) so they figure you've already been warned :/

Back