Being Scared Of Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
Okay I know there's already 1245854939100000 threads on this but I figured I'd post this anyway. I posted another thread about a week or so about whipping in my tuck. So today, I finally threw my ro bhs tuck by myself twice on the rod floor. I know I can do it now. When I went to go again, my body started shaking and my muscles tensed and I just couldn't go. I'm not sure if I was really tired or something but I know I was scared. Does anyone have anything they do or think about that helps them calm down before they tumble? I really want a pass in my routine this year. Thanks!

Congrats on throwing it!! I have the same issue with my full. I've had it for maybe 1 or 2 months but I still get freaked out every time I have to do it. To force myself to throw it, I turn on my team's music and go when I normally would during the routine. The music puts pressure on me because I HATE to be the girl in the routine who doesn't throw her skills and let the team down. I'd rather fall then bail. (I also like to pretend I'm on World Cup Shooting Stars at Worlds, and if I don't throw my skill then we'd lose to Senior Elite. Hehe!) In the end, my coaches tell me that the more you do the skill, the easier it gets. It's scary, but coaches know best! Good luck!! :)

You know what's really funny, shooting stars were practicing today when i was there and when their music was on is when I would throw my tumbling! Haha :D anyway, thanks, I think that'll really help :)

When I'm scared I always go with a count or have my coach count. That way you don't just keep standing there and not going. I also tell myself in my head "you are throwing it this time!" If I say it I'll throw it, if I don't I end up bailing. Lol. I know that might sound weird but it always helps me. Good luck!

When I'm scared I always go with a count or have my coach count. That way you don't just keep standing there and not going. I also tell myself in my head "you are throwing it this time!" If I say it I'll throw it, if I don't I end up bailing. Lol. I know that might sound weird but it always helps me. Good luck!
There was a girl in my tumbling class who could ONLY throw it when someone said "1 2 3" so strange....

Back