All-Star Best Cheer Gym In Each State

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

not this thread again....

i wish all states had a state championship competition where majority of the programs attended. it really is a beautiful thing. i'm not going to attempt to guess the best in other states, but what i do know: Maryland= Twisters. You all know the national & upper level accomplishments, but the accolades run across the board.

http://www.gocoastal.com/Events/Results/MarylandState.pdf

next best program: Crimson Heat.
Not hating against crimson heat they give us alot of competition but everyone is either mentioning marlins or twisters and marlins didnt compete at this competition. crimson heat is pretty good though they went to jamfest indy and at battle at the capitol got a bid to worlds.

As a WC parent for years I take pride in being part of the WC family.I am sure I am very bias to WC but very truthful and I will call a spade a spade. I get stumped when people write WC level 5 teams but SJS, CJA or SE as a whole. First I want to say that although we are in the same state we don't see much of each other. All three of these gyms are great programs and I'm sure all 3 of them have beaten WC teams numerous times through the years. My CP came through the lower levels to get to level 5 and still today we will cheer on and watch all the levels at competitions and I can't understand how you would come up with that conclusion. WC teams win a very, very large % of the time on every level. For anyone to say WC as a WHOLE in New Jersey is not the BEST OVERALL program in New Jersey is obviously a WC hater or does not pay attention. This was not a thread on what is the gym you LIKE best its a thread on the BEST GYM... This is NO WAY A DUMPING ON ANY OF THE GYMS IN NEW JERSEY , I THINK THEY ARE ALL GREAT. When we are out of state my Jersey bias kicks in and I cheer these other gyms on(unless they are against WC....LOL ).....

I think you're forgtting that a lot of people don't base "best" on the amount of teams or number of wins about which a particular gym can boast.

Some people might think that "best" means "best fit for my kid" or "best atmosphere for my kid."

It's not ALWAYS about size and wins.

If we had a thread entitled, "What's the Biggest thread in NJ?" then WC would be the answer hands down, and then you'd actually have the right to come on here and call everyone a hater who doesn't pay attention, lol.

And to add to that, SE wins a large percentage of the time at every level they're in, as does CJA...So with the exception of size and the famous SS, what makes YOUR opinion more valid than anyone else's who might have chosen SE or CJA, or even SJS?

I'm not trying to sound aggressive, but after all, you just called a percentage of people on here haters and I wanted to understand how YOU see things.

I think you're forgtting that a lot of people don't base "best" on the amount of teams or number of wins about which a particular gym can boast.

Some people might think that "best" means "best fit for my kid" or "best atmosphere for my kid."

It's not ALWAYS about size and wins.

If we had a thread entitled, "What's the Biggest thread in NJ?" then WC would be the answer hands down, and then you'd actually have the right to come on here and call everyone a hater who doesn't pay attention, lol.
As I said in my thread its not what gym is best fit or what you feel is the best atmosphere. That would be what gym YOU LIKE BEST.

And to add to that, SE wins a large percentage of the time at every level they're in, as does CJA...So with the exception of size and the famous SS, what makes YOUR opinion more valid than anyone else's who might have chosen SE or CJA, or even SJS?

I'm not trying to sound aggressive, but after all, you just called a percentage of people on here haters and I wanted to understand how YOU see things.
If you read through this whole thread, my question was how people were saying WCs lower level teams were inferior. Which is just a joke. That's all....

My opinion... its difficult for Missouri! There's Platinum, Cheer Legendz and Capitol City who all do very similarly at worlds. Platinum had one good good year for one team... Don't get me wrong I love Platinum and some of my besties were on their small limited last year but you have to look at programs over all and history. Idk just my opinion I guess. I used to coach at Capitol City and I just left there to come help my roommate open a gym up here in Eden Prairie, Minnesota (Southwest Allstars... means southwest Minneapolis before anyone freaks but we didn't get to choose it... it's changing in a year or two cuz we hate it) and Capitol City is building this year but taking great steps to becoming more noteworthy.

Now Minnesota? Planet Spirit is the big one up here but mostly because there hasn't been tons of competition. We're very excited to be up and coming and hopefully challenge Planet Spirit for that title soon! Much respect to them for building a strong program in Minnesota =) That's my two cents

My opinion... its difficult for Missouri! There's Platinum, Cheer Legendz and Capitol City who all do very similarly at worlds. Platinum had one good good year for one team... Don't get me wrong I love Platinum and some of my besties were on their small limited last year but you have to look at programs over all and history. Idk just my opinion I guess. I used to coach at Capitol City and I just left there to come help my roommate open a gym up here in Eden Prairie, Minnesota (Southwest Allstars... means southwest Minneapolis before anyone freaks but we didn't get to choose it... it's changing in a year or two cuz we hate it) and Capitol City is building this year but taking great steps to becoming more noteworthy.

Now Minnesota? Planet Spirit is the big one up here but mostly because there hasn't been tons of competition. We're very excited to be up and coming and hopefully challenge Planet Spirit for that title soon! Much respect to them for building a strong program in Minnesota =) That's my two cents

I can actually think of quite a few gyms in MN. Since you just moved here you may not be aware of all of them. With the first MN competition being next weekend I am sure you will see there are many gyms worthy of that title! :)

If you read through this whole thread, my question was how people were saying WCs lower level teams were inferior. Which is just a joke. That's all....

Based on size and prestige, World Cup is an amazing program overall.

I will say that World Cup's fame and prestige, however, has been established mainly (not entirely) by the success of the Shooting Stars. The Starlites in the last half of the 00's as well as Odyssey, roughly between 06-08, helped intensify that fame.

The Shooting Stars and Starlites do not have competition in NJ. Neither do the Twinkles. I think what people are trying to say is that when you remove these teams from the mix of the 20 or however many other teams WC has, the majority of the remaining 17-19 teams are either equivalent or not as good as the NJ teams in the same divisions. I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Inferior is a pretty harsh adjective, and I agree it should not have been used.

Based on size and prestige, World Cup is an amazing program overall.

I will say that World Cup's fame and prestige, however, has been established mainly (not entirely) by the success of the Shooting Stars. The Starlites in the last half of the 00's as well as Odyssey, roughly between 06-08, helped intensify that fame.

The Shooting Stars and Starlites do not have competition in NJ. Neither do the Twinkles. I think what people are trying to say is that when you remove these teams from the mix of the 20 or however many other teams WC has, the majority of the remaining 17-19 teams are either equivalent or not as good as the NJ teams in the same divisions. I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Inferior is a pretty harsh adjective, and I agree it should not have been used.
This is the point. The lower level teams win too. I have no idea were this is coming from.... maybe when you come to a competition you only watch or only remember the higher level teams...... Also keep in mind WC is NOT crossover crazy. Most of these gyms use their level 4 and 5s to cross down on their 2 and 3s. WC uses crossovers in a pinch situation ( somebody gets hurt or leaves the team) not to march out 10 level 4s to go beat level 2s. This past season these are a few examples. Youth 2 won 10 out 12 / youth 3 won 11 out of 12/ junior. 3 won 10 out of 11 ..31 first place finishes and 4 second place finishes out of just those 3 teams alone. Sounds weaker ..

Can we all agree that most of the best gyms r on the north and south? With the exception of Cali? Bcuz we have like cheer althetics from Texas all the up to maryland with the Maryland twisters, and down to top gun in florid?! And then great gyms all between. Then randomly Cali out in California :)

alabama- ACE
california-CALI
colorado- cheer central
delaware - east coast nitros
florida- top gun
geprgia- stingrays
illinois- ICE
indiana- ICE
iowa- iowa allstars
kentucky- gymtime
maine- planet cheer
maryland- maryland twisters
massechusettes- ECE
michigan- Elite Cheer Michigan
mississippi- central
Nebraska - Elite Cheer
New jersey- WC
North Carolina- CEA
Ohio- Matrix
Oklahoma- Twist and Shout
Tennesse-Prime tyme
Texas- cheer athletics, spirit of texas, woodlands elite
virginia- FAME
wisconsin- GBE

In my opinion, "the best" means a program that grooms their lower level teams for higher levels, great coaches and successful seasons...with that being said, my gym, USA Wildcats is the best in Connecticut...all our 1-4 teams have placed 1st or 2nd at evry comp and our L5Coed placed 13th out of 80 plus teams at Worlds...even our 1/2 year team came on top against teams that were together most of the season. My daughter chose not to cheer this year but we are still very close to the coaches, parents and cheerleaders after 8 wonderful years...as the saying goes "once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat"....JMO~~~

I can actually think of quite a few gyms in MN. Since you just moved here you may not be aware of all of them. With the first MN competition being next weekend I am sure you will see there are many gyms worthy of that title! :)

No I know of a lot of the gyms up here and yes I forgot Northern Elite who is another big one so my apologies on that but idk I've watched video and talked to my roommate a lot about competition up here and I haven't heard or seen many others that are up to Planet Spirit/Northern Elite caliber. Not saying we are yet at all so i don't want that misunderstood. And according to what I hear through the grapevine Northern Elite is not doing so well... I seriously hope that they don't shut down. We would really like to keep some competition up here in the area. Also there is a new gym opening over in St. Paul actually next season. No name or anything for it yet but the old coaches from Southwest decided to ope their own so that should be exciting as well.

No I know of a lot of the gyms up here and yes I forgot Northern Elite who is another big one so my apologies on that but idk I've watched video and talked to my roommate a lot about competition up here and I haven't heard or seen many others that are up to Planet Spirit/Northern Elite caliber. Not saying we are yet at all so i don't want that misunderstood. And according to what I hear through the grapevine Northern Elite is not doing so well... I seriously hope that they don't shut down. We would really like to keep some competition up here in the area. Also there is a new gym opening over in St. Paul actually next season. No name or anything for it yet but the old coaches from Southwest decided to ope their own so that should be exciting as well.

Haha I wonder where you heard that from.... We are definitely not going anywhere anytime soon!

As for a new gym opening in St.Paul, that's exciting! It's always nice to get more competition in this area!

Back