All-Star Best Full Team Pictures

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't seen the red Asics (or Asics really at all) in a long time. We wore them my first 2 years of high school cheer and we used to call them the hand rippers (because of the rough edges on the soles when you get them) or the ankle rollers. :eek:
We had them in black and white for my high school team. Our main tumbler went to do an ariel tuck, she rolled her ankle and landed on her face. Right in front of the student section. It looked like the most painful fall ever.

We had them in black and white for my high school team. Our main tumbler went to do an ariel tuck, she rolled her ankle and landed on her face. Right in front of the student section. It looked like the most painful fall ever.

We had the all white with black stripes, and I can't even count the number of times I rolled my ankle doing jumps in them. Why would you make a shoe where the sole is more narrow that the foot?!? It's like cheering on a tight rope.

image.tiff

image.tiff

the first is a few years old and the second is my high school squad :)
**sorry if the pics are really big!!

I haven't seen the red Asics (or Asics really at all) in a long time. We wore them my first 2 years of high school cheer and we used to call them the hand rippers (because of the rough edges on the soles when you get them) or the ankle rollers. :eek:
omg i HATEDDDD them with a passion. my coach just randomly wanted red shoes that year. I always thought my ankle was gonna break every time I jumped. or moved for that matter :p

We had the all white with black stripes, and I can't even count the number of times I rolled my ankle doing jumps in them. Why would you make a shoe where the sole is more narrow that the foot?!? It's like cheering on a tight rope.
I think my favorite part about those was that they made a shoe that looked exactly the same, but the sole being flat. I brought up the point of changing to those. Nope. But I was proud of myself, after wearing those shoes for two basketball seasons, I only rolled my own ankle once.

my sister broke her ankle in them doing a back tuck :confused:

I think my favorite part about those was that they made a shoe that looked exactly the same, but the sole being flat. I brought up the point of changing to those. Nope. But I was proud of myself, after wearing those shoes for two basketball seasons, I only rolled my own ankle once.

That's a serious accomplishment. Really. It is. ;) I probably rolled my ankles in them 85 times in the few years I wore them, but maybe I am just accident prone.

I played lacrosse too and love this!! What an awesome oppurtunity!

It was amazing. We did walked down to the field together, we did warm ups together and everything. We exchanged gifts before and after the game. The game was a full game. There was a giant cook out afterward and that's where that photo was taken. They spoke English as well. To be honest, they spoke better English than a lot of people in the area. Tons of pictures were taken. Our coach arranges this every year for the past couple years. They play a couple other MD lax teams and do a bunch of touring. Our coaches took them up to lax world and sports her way since the main one is about 25 minutes from our school. A when Japan had their disaster I'm pretty sure they were still here doing touring, thank god. I've never really appreciated int'l sportsmanship like I did then. I hope they're coming back again this year.

Back