All-Star Best Jumps Photos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

n567530600_5724469_2986.jpg
74305_10150327428050601_567530600_15891858_6709700_n.jpg
300438_10150874264740601_567530600_21361513_1360255363_n.jpg
312241_10150891407230601_567530600_21487183_859513164_n.jpg

I personally don't think judges care where you place your arms as long as everyone places there arm's in the same spot. Just because the cheer world has traditionally hit T's doesn't mean that it is the only correct way of doing. Look how many different preps there are for jumps. It is the same thing in my opinion.

Thats all irrelevant. My point is that compared to a T, they make your jumps look higher than they are.

How is that irrelevant whatsoever? You're whole argument is based on this comparison to a T, which in itself is irrelevant, because you have yet to explain what makes a T more correct than a low V in the first place. Not trying to be rude, but it's you that doesn't seem to get the point, not ian or myself. This whole "looking higher than they are" saying is meaningless. Everything is going to look different based on perspective, of which there are many. I'm not saying that I think you're wrong for liking arms in a T, I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to claim that it's a form of cheating just because of your personal preferences. Like I've said already, a T makes your jumps look "higher than they are" compared to a high-v, but if I preferred people who jumped with arms in a high-v, I wouldn't insist that any other arm position is invalid.

Personally its just that. Giving myself an extra challenge. Trying to get you jumps just that much higher. I like challenges:)

Oh, I totally understand what you're saying. I think it's fantastic to want to challenge yourself. But based on a competition setting, when the whole focus is on the team, it just makes sense to have the team as a whole look as clean as possible, and if that's accomplished by arms in a low-v position, then I think it's perfectly within reason to have body positions that give the best possible benefits, and I don't think taking advantage of your body is at all unfair.

How is that irrelevant whatsoever? You're whole argument is based on this comparison to a T, which in itself is irrelevant, because you have yet to explain what makes a T more correct than a low V in the first place. Not trying to be rude, but it's you that doesn't seem to get the point, not ian or myself. This whole "looking higher than they are" saying is meaningless. Everything is going to look different based on perspective, of which there are many. I'm not saying that I think you're wrong for liking arms in a T, I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to claim that it's a form of cheating just because of your personal preferences. Like I've said already, a T makes your jumps look "higher than they are" compared to a high-v, but if I preferred people who jumped with arms in a high-v, I wouldn't insist that any other arm position is invalid.

The personal preference or making yourself look better is what is irrelevant. I also corrected myself and said it was misleading. My whole point is that low Vs make your jumps look better than they are. It is a well known fact that low Vs make your toe touches look better. Yes I do agree that high Vs would make your jumps look higher than a Ts but so far no teams do high Vs in their jumps.

Back