All-Star Best Scorpion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In It 2 Win It said:
kyyyyyyxo said:
i find it reallyyy interesting if you look one girls scorp her knee is to the back, the girl on fierce, her knee is all the way to the side, kind of more scale like. Just interesting to look at..

My little sister has that same problem just with her bow n arrows. Instead of pulling it to the front and having her foot face toward the back, her foot faces completely toward the front. Not quite sure why though. She can pull her bow completely behind her head around to the other side but can't do a front stretch to save her life :lol:

I believe it's due to what 'way' you're flexible. For example, some people (like me) are better at stretching side to side (straddles and such) then they are front (pikes, splits, etc). It takes me forever to get a split (also 'cause of my knees)..

LegacyShaquita! said:
FlipForThis said:
OK?!?!? I was always told that these were "needles" basicly an over stretched Scorpian is there a difference or are they the same im just confused and if their is a difference then why would they be considered as the best scorpian when they are a different move?

DONT EVEN GET THEM STARTED ! (;

Seriously, as a mother of an 8 year old, when viewing these pictures we get a little confused about the "regular scorpion vs the straight leg or needle scorpion" Her squad's scorpions are all the same with the knees bent as a scorpion. Now, if she is able to master those beautiful straight leg whatchamacallits(LOL), how would that look her being the only one to do it and the remainder squad still with the bent leg scorpion. Just asking because this topic has gotten lots of folks confused before. As a coach are they conditioned to do them all straight leg or the bent leg?

I personally do not like the look of the 1st one with her hips and knee turned forward. Like someone said in an earlier post it almost seems like that is just a very high scale. JMO

2vnid5x.jpg

if anyone has Cali's Intl All girl 5 the girl in the beginning has a nice one prob. looks about the same or better like the one above on CF- SO5

all fierce - Sm Sr 5 Legends have beautiful ones as well.

These are all sick needles! I was always taught that needles and scorps are different body positions, with a scorpian having the knee bent. Like the picture on the banner of this site would be considered a gorgeous scorpian and the pictures on this thread are needles. I could be wrong but that's what I was taught.

I am at the apple store right now and people are looking over my shoulder at these pics lol! I think I'm gonna go home and strech later!

Back