All-Star Best Scorpion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

262459_1498041148773_1766475118_724094_4350397_n
My Scorpion
293499_1506659564228_1766475118_732195_4672076_n
My Needle !!!! :) Finaly

one of my Sr athletes suffers from spondyliosis (sp?) and it is common in gymnasts bc of overstretching. Basically the lower vertebrae grind so much that it causes fractures and intense lower back pain. She suffered through this pain for months before she said anything about it too. We are lucky she was able to return after an 8 month total gym break. Not that she ever left the gym. She was at every practice just sitting on the side waiting. Patience and determination are powerful things.

My daughter has spondylolthesis - l5 which has slipped She is able to do scorps still they just aren't what they used to be. The condition is not from stretching it's from having a stress fracture that was not picked up on so it 'broke' with repetitive strains or jumping and tumbling ;). I would say if your concerned with 'over' stretching to talk with a Pt

My daughter has spondylolthesis - l5 which has slipped She is able to do scorps still they just aren't what they used to be. The condition is not from stretching it's from having a stress fracture that was not picked up on so it 'broke' with repetitive strains or jumping and tumbling ;). I would say if your concerned with 'over' stretching to talk with a Pt
actually the dr she was seeing gave us some reading material about it and it stated that overstretching aggravated and sometimes caused the condition. Her PT sent me an article about gymnasts with the condition. If I find it I'll post it!

not sure what her name is, but center flyer from cheer athletics (at worlds this year). MOST FLEXIBLE GIRL I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

not sure what her name is, but center flyer from cheer athletics (at worlds this year). MOST FLEXIBLE GIRL I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.
Centre flyer from cheer athletics isn't very specific. Which team? If you're talking about cheetahs I believe her name is Payton Mabry (or something like that).

Centre flyer from cheer athletics isn't very specific. Which team? If you're talking about cheetahs I believe her name is Payton Mabry (or something like that).
Oh oops, I thought I said Cheetahs. But yeah that's the team I'm talking about. Thanks.

Back