High School Best Warmups And Shoes For Sideline Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nope, they're all leather. Easy to keep clean and hold up extremely well. However they are about $70.
We had the spirit I last year with the satin. Football season was awful on them.

The previous year younger cp had the cheerleader II which held up until the dog found them.

Definitely get a game day shoe (versus Nfinity Evolution, Varsity last pass). I have heard very good things about Varsity Touchdowns. My CP had the Nfinity game day and they were not comfortable at all. For warm ups, if price is an issue, look for a local shop to purchase from. My CP's school did not fund warm-ups and we live in cold temperatures. The girls opted for a heavy jacket with a hood in their school color that was very warm and was waterproof. With the school emblem embroidered on the front chest, "FHS CHEER" on the back, and their name on the sleeve it was $55 and took 2 weeks to arrive. They got black athletic pants (my CP had under armour warm up pants that were $40 and put fleece tights underneath if it was really cold). I thought it looked nicer than a lot of the school warmups do, and the girls were really comfortable.

The school I coached (just gave it up) has had the same warm-ups for 4 years. We bought them from GTM and they have lasted like crazy. We don't have football so I don't know if they would be chilly, but I suggest looking for fleece lined ones.

As for shoes. We had Nike Cheer Flashes for 2 years (still my favorite shoe), one year went with Varsity (the girls hated them and they didn't hold up as well either), and last year Nike Sidelines. I know that since the girls have to pay out of pocket (my girls did too) you're looking for prices, but I would not buy any cheer shoe unless it was Nike. Great quality! I've seen some schools use last years shoes for football and new shoes for basketball. Sometimes that means that shoes don't match for football, but I've never heard anyone complain about that.

Back