High School Better Dance Motions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 15, 2011
I feel like when I'm dancing I am stiff and my motions are pretty good, but when I watch videos of myself I feel like I'm not very good. Any tips for being a super good dancer? I am in the front for all of our dances so I guess I must be doing something right :p Also, I learn the dances very quickly so it's not because I don't know them. Helppppp, choreographer is coming Wednesday!!!!!!!!

Ok, I consider my self a good dancer for the most part (I'm share point dancer for most of this years dance) and the one HUGE tip I can give you is get lower!! If your on the shorter side its much easier, but If you have somewhat long(er) legs, spread them apart more when you dance it will make you look less awkward I promise, it makes everything look better. If you notice when Maddie Gardner dances for example, she has super long legs but she dances really close to the ground and it makes it look good :) Hope this helped good luck!

I totally agree with the above poster, we always tell our girls that they feet should kinda
'skate' on the floor when the move and to stay super low and bend your knees! Happy Dancing =)

Ok, I consider my self a good dancer for the most part (I'm share point dancer for most of this years dance) and the one HUGE tip I can give you is get lower!! If your on the shorter side its much easier, but If you have somewhat long(er) legs, spread them apart more when you dance it will make you look less awkward I promise, it makes everything look better. If you notice when Maddie Gardner dances for example, she has super long legs but she dances really close to the ground and it makes it look good :) Hope this helped good luck!
haha I'm 5 foot 9 so this helps a lot :) thanks so much.

Back