All-Star Bin Laden Dead

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You must have an awesome facebook page.
Hey, I'm not 'kristenthegreat' for nothing..granted most of my friends are college students so.

I live near ground zero (I didn't go, I was too wiped from fiercechat finals), and apparently last night half the city descended upon it and sang all sorts of patriotic songs. I think my friend got a picture with someone dressed up as Capt. America..

There are people running around my halllways at school with American flags and face paint screaming 'AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA!"

I posted this on Twitter:

I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Mark Twain

Getting ready to use this. Thank you so much!

But I do have a question - When the suicide-pilots crashed the planes into the towers, they were considered martyrs by their peers and they would sit at the right-hand of God for what they were able to do for their faith or whatever. Bin Laden being killed pretty much made him a martyr to them too, right?
So, why would the remainder of Al Quaeda (or whomever) be upset about his death? Why would they want revenge if they think he's a great guy who's going straight to Heaven? I'm confused on their stance, I think...

I almost cried reading this thread. I am SO proud to be an American. (I feel weird typing this as I look at my avatar ha) but really what a great accomplishment. I understand and agree worrying about a counterattack but for those of you who can't see the least bit of good in this, I say shame on you.

But I do have a question - When the suicide-pilots crashed the planes into the towers, they were considered martyrs by their peers and they would sit at the right-hand of God for what they were able to do for their faith or whatever. Bin Laden being killed pretty much made him a martyr to them too, right?
So, why would the remainder of Al Quaeda (or whomever) be upset about his death? Why would they want revenge if they think he's a great guy who's going straight to Heaven? I'm confused on their stance, I think...

Because it wasn't 'their' plan. They want to be in control of how they die.

Because it wasn't 'their' plan. They want to be in control of how they die.

OK, thanks. I'm trying really hard not to make any snarky comments about this situation right now...I know it can be an emotional issue for many people. *zipping the lip...

Back