OT Black Friday 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Went to Michael's last night to get christmas decorations for my first apartment last night around 7 and they have a ton of ribbon for $2 for enough to make 10 bows... I couldn't resist but I got over $200 worth of stuff for a little less than $70. Way more than I wanted to spend but it's so hard to go into that store and not buy things lol.

The line at the toys r us down the street was a 2 hour wait to pay.... nothing is worth it that much in my opinion :confused:

This is a long shot but does anyone know if TJ Maxx or Marshalls have any good deals today? I don't do black friday but I'm home from college and have been missing those stores so I might head out at some point..

I got 150$ black riding boots for 25$. (Waiting outside Jc pennys since 4am for it to open at 6!!) I got my too faced 10$ bronzer from sephora, some American eagle and airie stuff, 25$ goodies from vs, a ton of earrings from forever 21, a waffle maker for my mom ($8... Who can resist?) I got an angry birds blanket and pajama pants for my youngest brother, And almost fought some lady for the last youth large Oregon hoodie that I promised my brother I would get him... Overall a good black Friday though!
This is a long shot but does anyone know if TJ Maxx or Marshalls have any good deals today? I don't do black friday but I'm home from college and have been missing those stores so I might head out at some point..
They never do black Friday stuff:( they're my two favorites and I go every hear anyways just hoping but nope...

At the Walking Company today Zeland moccasins were like $59 for the first pair and then 70% all Zeland products after. We got four pairs of mocs.

Tried 3 stores for an iPad mini. All sold out including Apple Store. Grr...:mad:

I didn't get any sprays but my friend I went with talked me into getting one of those wallflower plug in things because the refills were 2 for 5 and she said that was a great deal, and her house smelled good when I went in there last night, so I'll try it.
Both my wallflowers quit smelling after about 2 weeks even though the bulbs were 3/4 full.. maybe it's just my luck with them though. I mean, I literally put them up to my nose to smell them and they smelled like plastic. I even asked my mom, who is never in my room, if she could smell it (since she hadn't smelled it) and she couldn't. It kind of saddens me though because I really like the scents for the couple of weeks I can smell them. :(

What happens is you get used to the sent. I rotate between two every week. Just make sure you save the cap.
I rotated mine every couple of weeks (I have way too many bulbs from when they do the Hello Yellow sales) but they still both smell like plastic (maybe it's where it is in my room though?). I also had bought one with the night light and the night light died after a few weeks, lol. I thought maybe I should have unplugged it during the day or something. I like the night light wallflowers for the bathrooms though, if only they had a switch to turn the light off and on, or could detect a room light being on or something. I'm thinking in my new house, maybe I'll try to find better locations to plug them in and see if that helps.

I went out with my cousins for my first - and probably last - Black Friday. We went to Walmart around 9, which was NUTS!!! There were police and event staff directing people every which way, bins all over the store in the wrong departments (we got our DVDs and blurays in the produce section!), and no organization of lines to check out. It took us a good 2 hours to find our few things and get checked out. I think we spent half that time just in line. Then of course the man ahead of us paid in gold. Are you kidding me??? Pay with real money like the rest of us people! But the good news is I got all Harry Potters on bluray, all Lord of the Rings on bluray, Burlesque on bluray, Platoon on bluray, and DVDs of How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and Bones all for around $100!
Then I got to Best Buy and into the store by 12:10 and the 3 things I was looking for were already sold out! I was NOT a happy camper. Maybe I'll try Cyber Monday for those things I missed...

Here's how black friday went down for me and my mom..
Target opened at 9pm on Thursday, we got there at 9:10. line reached the end of the building. they were only letting like 30 people in at a time. We got one of those air mattresses that's elevated for 50 bucks, originally like 100 something, a $10 sequined sweater for me, a 60 dollar pack of itunes gift cards for 50 dollars, just dance 4 for 40 bucks with a free 10 dollar gift card, and some 5 dollar PJs for my great grandma.
Journeyed over to the mall where a majority of the stores opened at midnight. Our first store to go to was Belk. Line was wrapped all the way down to another department store..so we went inside said Sears and laid on the beds for an hour till the mall opened. Speed walked to Belk, and here's what we came out with- 50% off Sperrys for my older brother, multiple Chaps sweaters for my dad and brothers, 10 dollars a piece, and then buy 1 get 2 free dress pants for my dad, as well as the same deal on Levi's for him. I wanted those 2o dollar boots..found the last pair in my size in the style I wanted and someone snatched them out of my hand...seriously?! Found some other ones just as cute for the same price though.
Next stop was Abercrombie & Fitch. Now, I love this store..but seriously? Those people were NUTS. And they only had TWO cash registers open. TWO. like could the shirtless model (that was no doubt extremely attractive.) be working a register?!
anywho, came out of there with- sweater for me for 5 dollars (deal of the day!), 17 dollar sweater for me, and then a 9 dollar raglan style top for me, then a couple tshirts for my brother and two hoodies for him. not sure how much those were but I'm almost positive his hoodies ended up being like 20 bucks.
we waited in that ridiculous line for no joke,2 hours. it was insane.
next we drug ourselves at 3 am to bath and body works, were too tired and decided to drive to the other side of the mall to go to VS and AE.
was disappointed with the AE sale, nothing was really on sale for cheaper than usual. in fact, prices looked higher.
Was in search of the 25 dollar hoodie in VS; completely gone after the store was open for 10 minutes.
so black friday was successful for us I guess?

ETA: sorry for the long post. haha ranting...

Back