OT Black Is The New Orange

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
They've already started filming Season 3. And Laura Prepon (Alex) is back as a regular now so she will be in every episode not just a few like this past season.

@HeresAThought I loved young Rosa, her brows, and the way her character morphed back to her younger self at the end.

I don't mind Piper when she interacts with the other characters - I am just over the back and forth Alex/Piper storyline - like how long can that continue. I know that is the basis of the show, but I wish they would move away from their back and forth relationship and focus on other characters more also. I guess we know Alex will end up back in prison - I still can't wait for season 3 :)

I'm on season 2 episode 6 and I'm still not that into it... like I don't know if I like it. I've been watching but I get distracted during it and it's kinda slow.

Well I started Orphan Black because of all the good reviews on this thread. I'm hooked and my life is now put on hold until I finish the two seasons. Thanks guys :p That Tatiana actress is so talented to play all of those people. And she's so pretty. She looks flawless in every character, from choppy red hair to dreadlocks. It's kind of not fair.

Totally agree with you on 1 and 58. I adore Poussey. Her character is such a breath of fresh air for the show. I also think she had a backstory that everyone could truly appreciate in some way.

For all the people in between, I question who made this list. I was surprised to see Piper's mom rated more like able than Healy. Really?? I know he can be a d*ck sometimes but really? That man lives with someone that he fully cares about, enough to learn her language so he can communicate with her easier and build a relationship with her and she sits there and doesn't care because hey as long as she stays married she gets to stay in the country and use his money. He also tried really hard to be a better person and counselor for the inmates. I really applauded him for that, even if he did give up too easily. But pipers mom? She's super self absorbed and oblivious to things.

I'd rewrite that list a totally different way. But keep 1 and 58. Did these people even watch the show?

Totally agree with you on 1 and 58. I adore Poussey. Her character is such a breath of fresh air for the show. I also think she had a backstory that everyone could truly appreciate in some way.

For all the people in between, I question who made this list. I was surprised to see Piper's mom rated more like able than Healy. Really?? I know he can be a d*ck sometimes but really? That man lives with someone that he fully cares about, enough to learn her language so he can communicate with her easier and build a relationship with her and she sits there and doesn't care because hey as long as she stays married she gets to stay in the country and use his money. He also tried really hard to be a better person and counselor for the inmates. I really applauded him for that, even if he did give up too easily. But pipers mom? She's super self absorbed and oblivious to things.

I'd rewrite that list a totally different way. But keep 1 and 58. Did these people even watch the show?

Yeah I would have had Healy lower..really did try.

I would have had Polly, Piper, Soso and Red waaaay higher.

They're all just so annoying.

I also would have had Lorna higher. I like nothing about her.

Pennsatucky lower because she is funny

1-3 should be Poussey, Taystee and Suzanne

Fun fact: I used to live on the base that Poussey did! Only for two years and it was when I was younger, but I freaked out when I saw that episode, haha.

As for the list, I agree with some and disagree with a lot. Taystee is my number one. Poussey would probably be two. Larry, Pete, and Polly all should have been higher just because I think them/their story lines are annoying lol.

I just hate Piper. There. I said it.

All hail Taystee girl and Poussey.
Totally agree. I feel like a lot of pop culture, for lack of a better word, makes Polly and Larry out to be awful people because they got together while Piper was in prison.

Buttttttt Piper also cheated on her fiancée with her ex girlfriend??? How is her lapse in judgement more justifiable than what Polly and Larry did???

This has been on my mind for a whole lol

I picked up the book on a whim the other day... interested to see the differences.

Worth the read?

I'm completely a fan of this show. The casting was amazing - I feel like these people actually exist. And the social aspect of exploring women's issues is fascinating.
Also, Fig and Vee can burn. And Poussey is perfect.

Worth the read?

I'm completely a fan of this show. The casting was amazing - I feel like these people actually exist. And the social aspect of exploring women's issues is fascinating.
Also, Fig and Vee can burn. And Poussey is perfect.
The book is fine as a stand-alone. It is of course the basis for the series but there are so many differences and names are changed. You can see who the tv characters are based on, plus get the general timeline of her prison stay and what happened, but it is not like it is a chapter-by-chapter screenplay.

Back