Book Club

Discussion in 'Random' started by CheerTeamNerd, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Ally13

Ally13 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Anybody get any good books over the holidays? I finished reading The Help before Christmas (never saw the movie, but I thought the book was great), and I got "The Association of Small Bombs" by Karan Mahajan, "A Gentleman in Moscow" by Amor Towles, "11/22/63" by Stephen King and, of course, "Alexander Hamilton" by Ron Chernow! I finished The Association of Small Bombs, and while I thought it was really good, I didn't think it was as great as all of the reviews. Currently on A Gentleman in Moscow and I love it so far. I got some gift cards/cash for Christmas and am trying to not spend it all on books until I finish these ones. But I will most likely still buy some new ones because I am dying to read The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead, Mischling by Affinity Konar, and His Bloody Project by Graeme MaCrae Burnet and so many more haha.

so many books. so little time/cash/shelf space haha.

Also... A Series of Unfortunate Events comes out in a week!!! So excited!

2. cheerKT

cheerKT Best Overall Poster Fantasy Football Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ktguen
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I currently have Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes on hold at the library. Anyone read it?

3. fiercerando88

fiercerando88 I think I can mix Cheer Music Fantasy Football Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    mkmorse
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Yup! Love shonda even more after reading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. a_cheer_leaderxo

a_cheer_leaderxo Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I received Wonder by R.J Palacio and Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher for Christmas. I'm about halfway through Thirteen Reasons Why but whilst I like the storyline, it's not as good as I thought it would be. Heard great things about Wonder and I think it's being made into a film so I'm looking forwards to reading it next! I also bought Flawed by Cecelia Ahern and the second book in the Chaos Walking series (the first one is still in my to be read pile!) with a bookshop gift card I received.