Music "borrowing" Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lark, I agree with CarinH. It's probably a coach/owner trying to get out of paying a producer to get original music. If these teams ARE paying for this "borrowed" music, then shame on the so called producer for taking payment & shame on the coach/owner for not knowing it's not original.:)

I would think that borrowing music is more common among teams that can't afford a producer and mix the music themselves.

You would think!! But I know of people that call themselves producers, that charge $200-$300 per mix and slap stuff together that they downloaded from cheer library!! they best part.... sometimes they don't even have the high quality version SMH!

Now i heard the top of borrowing last WE. A whole mix was borrowed, because the teamname was the same. I think they cut two or three parts out, where JR add the complete name. If I where in the Judges position, i would add a comment on the sheet.

You would think!! But I know of people that call themselves producers, that charge $200-$300 per mix and slap stuff together that they downloaded from cheer library!! they best part.... sometimes they don't even have the high quality version SMH!

Now that is just wrong. I can understand borrowing bits and pieces if you're a coach trying to cut costs (especially here in Sweden, small new teams here just don't have the money to spend on music) but selling someone elses material as your own is not OK.

So mad last night was listening to a new mix I got and this one team took stuff from Top Gun, Stingrays, Cheer Athletics, Maryland Twisters, and some other team that I didn't recognize the voice over in it. But They kept some of the voiceovers and put their own in and none of the music was fresh. It was all from these teams past year routine!

It makes me mad when people do that! Don't use the whole thing especially from something that was just last season and from top teams that people know that music by heart from!

Back