OT Bottle Cap Jewelry

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 14, 2009
I was looking around the internet for ideas for bottle cap necklaces to make for my friends and found this:

5184796622_0e963dc9db_o.jpg

HOW CUTE ARE THOSE CHEER ATHLETIC BOTTLE CAPS!?!
They really can't be that hard to make. They'd be a really cool idea for fundraising considering you can do any gym logo and are fairly cheap to make. You could make them into key chains for athletes to hang on their backpacks or make them into bracelets. The possibilities are endless. What do you guys think?

One of our moms made earrings out of the bottlecaps last year, so cute. You can find the bottle caps at most crafts stores, i.e. Michaels and Hobby Lobby. You print out your design to fit, cut it out and place it in the bottle cap. I would use a small amount of adhesive just to anchor it. Then pour a dimensional adhesive over it to set it, protect it and give it shine. Examples would be Diamond Glaze, Suzie's Glue, Gallery Glass and Mod Podge - as long as it dries clear. Depending on your printer, you may need to first brush a small amount of the dimensional adhesive over your design and let it dry for a few minutes. If you pour a large amount over the design directly the colors may run. The designs that had rhinestones in them were probably done in layers. First the design, then a small layer of the medium. Then place the rhinestones on and pour another layer over them. It is usually a good idea to do multiple small layers, letting them each dry, rather than pouring a whole lot in at once. Sometimes it doesn't dry clear if you pour too much at once. As you pour each layer have a pin handy to get rid of any air bubbles before it sets. DO NOT shake up the bottle of whatever you are using, you will create air bubbles galore. Then just punch holes and play. That is one method, someone else may have a better way.

How have I never heard of these before??! So cute! Cheer Athletics! haha I'm guessing than can do any logo, what a creative idea!

my friend makes these! she sold them to benefit a girl at my schools mom who had cancer. shes made cheer designs and almost ended up selling them for the gym but i dont think it ended up happening.

the first year my cp went to US Finals (was still Final Destination then), she got one that said cheer princess!!! Loved it! It has since ended up going through the dryer and the clear adhesive does not appreciate the warmth of such appliance.

Thank you for describing the process!!! I'm an arts & crafts addict, so this will be fun!!!

OMGOMGOMOMOMG that promotes underage drinking, CALL THE POLICE, i do not want my kids seeing that!!!!!!

Back