Music Bpm Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am working in Acid pro. How do I adjust the bpm separately for each song?
well - it depends on how you are importing each song or section of your project. if you are "beatmapping" (not recommended) there are some settings that you can change in beatmapper info that controls how that item's tempo is handled. the most common way to control tempo within a project is to insert "tempo markers" in the project anywhere that you desire it tempo to change. just single click and place the cursor exactly where you want the marker to appear, then hit the "T" key on the keyboard. it will bring up a window where you can select what BPM you want change to at that point. click "OK" in that window, and the marker will appear and the tempo will change at that point in the project.

Just wondering why do you not recommend beatmapping?
there are many reasons that we do recommend it, but the biggest being that it is inherently inaccurate and not nearly precise enough. small errors get magnified more and more the farther you get from the original "downbeat". also, older music that was not produced digitally in a modern studio, has way too many tempo variations to assume one measure length for the whole song. some older music recorded by bands that don't have a particularly good drummer will have a different measure length for almost every measure. moral of the story - manually sampling music is always the best option for making the best music.

You don't adjust the bpm separately for each song...you use the beatmapper to determine the original bpm of each song and then Acid puts each song at the project tempo.

You lose a generation of quality using the beatmapper and it bogs down your system bc the entire mp3 is loaded into ram when you only need a small clip of it. Manual Sampling is the best way to get your music to transition smoothly and sound clean and clear.

cheermusicpro said:
You lose a generation of quality using the beatmapper and it bogs down your system bc the entire mp3 is loaded into ram when you only need a small clip of it. Manual Sampling is the best way to get your music to transition smoothly and sound clean and clear.

How can u do this? As I've always used beat mapper...

How can u do this? As I've always used beat mapper...

You have to learn to cut samples and set them to loops in Acid. Let me know if you want more info on the New Level Music Production Workshops. We cover all these things and MUCH more in our class.

Patrick

What bpm do you use for...

Senior age?
Junior age?
Youth age?
Mini age?
Tiny age?

Thats tough because your routines should vary throughout based on the section. For instance jumps should be slower than running tumbling. But on average, Seniors and Juniors 147-8 Youth 145, Mini and Tiny 141

yes you do, but you can change it at any point by placing the cursor where you want the change to take place and press "T" on your keyboard to insert a tempo marker

Patrick

You have to learn to cut samples and set them to loops in Acid. Let me know if you want more info on the New Level Music Production Workshops. We cover all these things and MUCH more in our class.

Patrick
i dont have the money for that -__-

Back