All-Star Brandon 2012 Stunt Illegal?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

actually the bases arms are UP and are fully extended which makes its shorter than 18inches...now if the bases arms were down lets say at a prep level then there would be a problem.

Picture2-6.png

Pretty sure the rule reads something like it's illegal above 18' from extended arms

They throw from a toss grip....I think that's the difference

The rule reads this:
"Release moves are allowed but must not exceed more than eighteen inches above extended arm level.
Clarification: If the release move exceeds more than 18 inches above extended arm level, it will be considered a toss, and must follow the appropriate “Toss” rules."

L5 Stunts-Release Moves
  1. Release moves are allowed but must not exceed more than eighteen inches above extended arm level.
    Example: tic-tocks are allowed.
    Clarification: If the release move exceeds more than 18 inches above extended arm level, it will be considered a toss, and must follow the appropriate “Toss” rules. To determine the height of a release move, at the highest point of the release, the distance from the hips to the extended arms of the bases will be used to determine the height of the release. If that distance is greater than the length of the top person’s legs plus an additional 18 inches, it will be considered a toss or dismount and must follow the appropriate “Toss” or “Dismount” rules.

There's definitely more than 18 inches between the bases hands and the flyers body lol looks more like 24 to me. Also a toss grip makes no difference.

Yeah I was being sarcastic but it fails over the internet. I wondered when I first watched the video but didn't want to say something and be completely wrong.

Back