Broken Finger??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2012
I'm a flyer and a back in my routine this season. I'm gonna be honest (I'm not a very good back). But I have to back in the pyramid. I have to back a girl bigger than me and when working on the pyramid, I was holding behind her knees and she started to fall so she bent her knees and on one of my hands my finger bent all the way back and I heard a really loud crack. I was hurting really bad and I seriously started crying (I usually just laugh things off).
My coach is just like "your ok, but ill back this time". I really don't like crying in front of people so I ran into the bathroom and when I came back out and people seen me crying they were like freaking out. My finger was really swollen and started to turn black and blue. I told my coach I think I broke it and she said "oh ok but you probably just jammed it but your fine". This kind of made me upset and later when I showed my mom (she's a nurse) she said its broken. I have a competition this weekend and two comps next weekend and I really don't know how to back with a broken finger. I have no idea what to do and my coach won't listen to me. Any advice?!?!?

My older CP broke her finger in November. I took her to the ER where they took xrays to confirm the break and put a splint on it. She wore the splint for 2 weeks. She was not allowed to tumble or base during that time. She went to practice during that time but did not participate. I did not let her return to tumbling and basing until she was cleared by an orthopedist.

If your coaches won't listen to you, perhaps your mom can talk to them.

Good luck! I hope you heal quickly!

Since your Mom is a nurse, she probably knows that Xrays arethe only way to confirm that type of fracture (or not.) Even if it's jammed, that could cause significant pain and put your pyro flyer in jeopardy if you try to back her.
It's best for you to go to the dr, confirm the issue with Xrays, and get a dr's note for your coach. I know you have comp soon, but you really can't put anyone else in harm's way.

Back