OT Bullying Problem Got Worse?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 2, 2011
I believe I'd posted before about a bullying problem I was having at school. It lasted the first part of the school year (first semester), and we thought it would get better during second semester since I didn't have any classes with the bullies, but it got worse. Other people have taken on the role of bullying me now. My mom called my school yesterday, because I had a (surprise!) state test to take. Nobody informed me of it, at all, and my mother questioned my guidance counselor about it. Then, they got to talking, and my mom brought up the bullying issue. The guidance counselor told my mom that I was not completely innocent and me being bullied is partly my fault. I don't feel safe at my school anymore. I feel like I'm alone and nothing's going to get done. What do I do?

bullying it not something to play around with at all. if i were your mom i would go talk to the principal and then if they dont do anything then go to the school board there are laws about that stuff and i would not let that continue​

I hate to say this.. but it may be time to seek out other schools. I read through the other thread and it seems you have tried every administrative route and no one has done anything, which upsets me quite a bit.

You shouldn't have to be the one who has to change their life to avoid bullying and up and change schools, but if you no longer feel safe, it may be your best option. Your safety and feeling secure should come first and if no one(administration-wise) in that school is on your side, I'm not so sure it will ever be a safe environment.

I am lucky enough to live in a town where there are 4 in-district high schools within 5 miles of each other... so granted you could provide your own transportation, there were other public school ptions. I am not sure of your situation, but possibly home-school/online schooling could be an option just until the end of this year? (I believe Just-a-Mom mom has experience with online schooling as well as some others if it's something you're interested in and i'm sure they would help you)

I wish there was better advice I could offer you, but just remember you're not alone. the whole fierceboard would love to just give you a group hug and support you. :)

Something doesn't sound right. If the counselor's response to your mother was that you were part of the problem, why hadn't the school called your mother first. Unless I'm missing something, either the school was aware of bullying taking place and was doing nothing and/or they are trying to play "blame the victim." Perhaps your mother needs to move this up past the guidance counselor - and I hope your mother asked for specifics on how you were partially at fault, and I do mean specifics. Good luck.

you need to transfer schools... i know it may seem like your giving up or throwing in the towel but it's the best thing for you. You're happiness is what is most important and you shouldn't have to dread going to school everyday. Sometimes it's great to get a chance to start over !!

i do online schooling and it is SO nice. cheer has taken on the role of "social life", thats why im at the gym 5 days a week lol.

its nice to be self dependant, you get things done on your own time.

Little bear, you need to tell someone else at school.. the principle, the board of education, the school nurse, a security officer, heck a coach if there is one. No one deserves to be bullied. There are too many stories that do not end nicely.
If I were that counselor she should be happy she has not met me. Please do not think it is bad to tell on someone, you are going to be the one that comes out stronger and better when it is resolved. If you are still too scared to tells omeone in person, copy this thread & email one of those people listed above. Goodluck little bear!

My sister switched schools in high school bc of bullies. They were her friends first but they were a bad bunch. She stayed in trouble with them. When my parents had to get a restraining order against one girl, they transferred her. Best thing that ever happened to her was switching and making friends with good people!

Back