All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nope. Bucees has an adorable beaver mascot complete with beaver pj's, beaver pillow pets, and beaver nuggets. I dare to guess what a Sheetz mascot would look like. And there's no way I'm eating Sheetz nuggets.
Bucees = 1
Sheetz = 0
:)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
jepymube.jpg

Yes such a cute beaver!
Are we considered hi-jackers if we didn't start this convo?! I'm done I promise I won't reply anymore! But Bucees is better!

(I don't have one with the actual beaver inside, just the statue one!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In keeping with NC theme, Cheerwine. =)
I took CP to Bojangles,for the first time and she got her first taste of Cheerwine;she was shocked and amazed that a fast food restaurant served wine. I had to let her know,that she was not going to get drunk....I also think midday,underage drinking with your daughter,may be frowned upon.

First, Whataburger is a Texas staple. It's blasphemous to say we'd have to travel to NC to eat there. Kidding! But they are everywhere here.

Second, for all the pharmacy/fast food references to gyms being next door to each other and it's no biggie: last I checked CVS didn't make me sign a year long contract to only shop there. There's a slight difference in those examples.

There's a chain in VA, NC, and SC called What-A-Burger. Not the same thing as Whataburger as I sadly found out after I got all giddy about one being near me :(

I've never been to a Bucees. Or Texas at all for that matter.

But I can guarantee Sheetz is better.

It's also better than Wawa.

And now I am going to run away before people start throwing things at me!:D
I definitely feel cheated. I live in California, but go to Texas annually (you can guess why), and sometimes to Florida (you can guess why) but, I have never been to a Bucees, Sheetz, or WaWa. The price I pay to attend CALI I suppose. But, now that I know...just wait till I visit those states next time. Ha!

Wawa > Sheetz.

Having lived through the Champion/Raleigh Rage, Impact, Carolina All Stars happenings - there are stories that will never be told that Famous Matty shared when CEA Raleigh opened. Suffice it to say that it was not all sunshine and rainbows and it was not all without reasons. Yes competition is good, no doubt and yes there were some unhappy customers and some rightfully so. I know my old gym did a whole heck of a lot to tick off parents and they have paid for it greatly. They still are. But not every customer at every gym was unhappy which I feel is always an over simplistic answer. It would be a truer statement to say that they offered them something that they could not get at the former gym, even if it was just temporary - ie placing a kid on a higher level team then moving them down to the same level team they would of made at the old gym.

But to say there were not other great benefits to opening a gym that close to so many gyms that had Level 5 teams, and stronger Mini 2, Youth 3 teams which is IMO the athletes that are slotted and groomed to "grow up" at CEA is not truthful either. To not have to train a great batch of kids in the basics of cheer (Level 1 - 3) and plug them into a system which undoubtedly works for CEA gave them a serious leg up on many of the smaller, not as well known local gyms. When it comes to NC this pattern just seemed to hold true no matter where a new location was opened which is why there is not the love in NC for CEA like they get from those not in the state. Every time they opened a location in the state you could almost see whom/which gym they were targeting, even if from their point of view it was just providing a closer alternative for athletes that already drove that distance. Even if it was just a couple of kids. The people in NC see them up front and personal all the time and see things that are not as they are presented on the message boards.

CAC and CEA will survive CA coming to NC. They are all different styles and will provide competition for each other that should be fun to watch. I am concerned more about gyms like Cheer Corps, White Lightning, Charlotte Extreme and the other gyms you may not of heard of that may not survive it.

Does anyone in here know anything about CA other then their level 5s and world teams?

I guess all gyms- CEA & CAC included should just be judged off their higher levels.

We also have a 3 year old thread with 100+ pages of @BlueCat patiently and thoroughly answering questions about his program. I'm sure parents will make decisions based on what "works" for their CP/family.

Last edited:
We also have a 3 year old thread with 100+ pages of @BlueCat patiently and thoroughly answering questions about his program. I'm sure parents will make decisions based on what "works" for their CP/family.
I'm sure, I was being sarcastic!

Good luck to everyone making a switch or staying where they are at! Hope everyone has a great season.

I hope that many smaller gyms in the area have smart business plans for longevity. Whether CA moved in or not, this is always safe. So many small businesses have super short-term cash flow and even if a relatively small number of families decide to "try something new" for one season, it could make a huge difference for a small gym.

Oh Dixie! I am so sad for you. You obviously also need to move to Kernersville ASAP. Sheetz is a gas station! But it's so much more.. They have this place in there with these touch screen computers and you press them and then they make any food you could ever desire! Smoothies! Coffee! Wraps! Burgers! Mac and cheese! Salad! They have every slushy under the sun.. All kinds of grab and go stuff! It's amazing. And unfortunately localized to the nc/va/md/pa (and maybe a few other places now.. I've lived in the Midwest now for almost a decade).

sheetz11.jpg
Sounds like the Wawas I have to visit when in NJ!

Back