All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yeah, see i have just about all the major food allergies + about 10 other random food allergies. i just can't do pre made foods. my friends rave about their sushi and pizza, but i can't really have either. i do commend them for carrying gluten free beer (when i'm in NY, not in NJ of course) but i am also that crazy lady who has to ask the butcher/seafood people where the meat/fish came from and what it ate as a child soooo... yeah. food allergies mixed in with being semi-psychotic about food makes me a trader joe's/whole foods kinda girl. (which there are zero of near me. bring me back to NJ:()

i have not. i'm in the finger lakes smack in the middle of the geneva and auburn locations so depending on my other errands, i alternate between the two.

I will say Wegman's labeling on their own brands for food allergies beats Trader Joes and Whole Foods. They are FAR better about facility information that Trader Joes is and Whole Foods while usually good it seems to be a hit or miss.

Have run into problems at all 3 though when they grind the peanut butter. Our Wegman's put it in the middle of the store and I started to have a reaction - i asked them to 1) move it to a corner area like it used to be (I started reacting before I saw or heard it because they moved it to where you don't see it or hear it until you turn an aisle) and 2) just put a sign at front of store saying peanut grinding going on I am happy to come back later to stay alive not asking for it to be gone just know before my cart is half filled with produce which is a different part of the store (Wegman's does not let customers do it and they do it at odd times)

I've been following the details surrounding the CA expansion on twitter and IG. It seems they are sparing no expense on this endeavor that they haven't made a dime on yet. Have other gyms handled their expansions in a similar way or have they opened their satellite gyms modestly and waited for them to support themselves before making significant capital investments.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've been following the details surrounding the CA expansion on twitter and IG. It seems they are sparing no expense on this endeavor that they haven't made a dime on yet. Have other gyms handled their expansions in a similar way or have they opened their satellite gyms modestly and waited for them to support themselves before making significant capital investments.

I think @BlueCat said in another thread that Frisco & Austin opened and were almost immediately too SMALL for the number of kids they had. They wanted to prepare better and have a bigger space for this one.

We are fortunate to be in a position where we don't necessarily have to be profitable day 1. We are convinced that Charlotte and our philosophy are going to be a great fit for each other, so we are making a long-term commitment to the area. We are willing to put a serious investment into creating a talented staff in a fun & safe facility that we can grow into. It may take a year or two before the facility really gets used to it's full potential, but that is OK. We have a 5-year lease with an option to renew for several years beyond that, so we are going to be there a while regardless. Brandon is thrilled to be there and has grown to love the city and the people there and he has every intention of making it his permanent home.

I suppose it is more "normal" to open a small-sized gym to "test the waters", so you could bail out on a moments notice without too much loss, but that isn't really our style.

Last edited:

This will sound all Disney-like, but they have Brandon at the lead. They will succeed. If they don't have waiting lists for teams next year I'll be shocked.
He's just that amazing.

Saw this pic and immediately thought of @njallday ... Had to meme it up for you.

And I've had that song in my head since yesterday thanks to this thread.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFierce Board1399637010.611913.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFierce Board1399637010.611913.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 199
Back