All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think what CA in Charlotte will do is A) Bring more competition and B) Force everyone to consider how they place their lower level teams. CEA/CA (I know little about CAC's gym structure) have two radically different approaches to lower levels (CA you must be VERY well rounded to compete at a level, and CEA often 'competes up' to give the kids something to strive for). It will be interesting to see how this affects everyone in the next 2-3 seasons.

I think the question in my mind is this...Will CA Charlotte stay true to CA Texas' way of forming teams, or will they conform to CEA's way of forming teams in order to contend for customers year after year. There's no gym in our industry who does things the way CSP does. Yet she has created an empire doing it. And while I have voiced my opinions against it for years, if I worked at a gym anywhere near there, I might be asking myself "if we can't beat em should we join em?"

Only time will tell. If CA can hold true to their values on team placements and they are able to be successful in CEA's backyard doing it, my already high level of respect for the program will get even higher.

I think the question in my mind is this...Will CA Charlotte stay true to CA Texas' way of forming teams, or will they conform to CEA's way of forming teams in order to contend for customers year after year. There's no gym in our industry who does things the way CSP does. Yet she has created an empire doing it. And while I have voiced my opinions against it for years, if I worked at a gym anywhere near there, I might be asking myself "if we can't beat em should we join em?"

Only time will tell. If CA can hold true to their values on team placements and they are able to be successful in CEA's backyard doing it, my already high level of respect for the program will get even higher.

We are pretty proud of the "empire" we have created ourselves and wouldn't trade places or philosophies with anyone. (My guess is that other gym owners feel the same way about their gyms and their philosophies.)

As I have said previously, we aren't overly concerned about how many total athletes we get year 1. We are fortunate to be in a position where we do not need a huge number of athletes to survive short term. That allows us to focus on doing what is in the long-term best interest of the athletes and the program. Obviously, we would love to have 300+ athletes show up for tryouts, but whoever does show up will be getting the same overall product that has been fine-tuned in Texas for the last 20 years.

It is worth noting that since we raised our standards for team placement, I haven't seen athletes' individual progress slow at all. If anything, I think that their fundamental technique has improved and they later get elite skills faster once they start working on them. It is like sharpening your axe before chopping a tree - sometimes working smarter gets the job done faster (and with less injury) than simply plowing through.

Last edited:
We are pretty proud of the "empire" we have created ourselves and wouldn't trade places or philosophies with anyone. (My guess is that other gym owners feel the same way about their gyms and their philosophies.)

As I have said previously, we aren't overly concerned about how many total athletes we get year 1. We are fortunate to be in a position where we do not need a huge number of athletes to survive short term. That allows us to focus on doing what is in the long-term best interest of the athletes and the program. Obviously, we would love to have 300+ athletes show up for tryouts, but whoever does show up will be getting the same overall product that has been fine-tuned in Texas for the last 20 years.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear... :D Praying success for you and your program wherever you are!

I'm very interested to see how everyone adjusts. It might force some changes, which might not be a bad thing.

I'm incredibly excited.

Yes-they need a ROO cup for the summer! And some Grits and Duke's Mayo! And a ginourmous pickel from Mt. Olive that you get at the State Fair.
Best foods mayo = far superior to Dukes (yes we do get Dukes mayo here in New Zealand) sorry not sorry!

Is this real life right now? As a member of One United, noone is spewing any hate towards CEA. Especially since my athlete has no ill feeling towards CEA and has many friends who cheer at multiple CEA locations. Also, being close to the owners I can say that as shady as it was for CEA to open a location 5 doors down from our facility we still dealt with it with class and continued pushing on giving Lake Norman its first worlds team ever. So, i think you should think twice before you state untrue things within this cheer community.
My statement was not directed at anyone from One United, sorry if it came across that way. I was referencing those who added them to the list of gyms CEA has "invaded the territory" of. The whole story of when One United started (not going into it here) is different than any of these others as it pertains to CEA. I think the growth Joe is showing with his teams is pretty amazing. Much love for OU... Just not for those who try to vilify our coaches/owners for just being wise businesswomen/men.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Actually ACF had 5 teams this season according to their website. Including two level 4's. They also did quite well at NCA coming home with at least one banner. They may have been hit in the level 5 pocket but their lower level game is still strong.
I think it's ridiculous that people are accusing CA of "taking" athletes after they have been trained by other gyms. Spirit, Champion, ProSpirit all field successful Worlds teams within 45 minutes of each other. Unless you live here you don't get it. Athletes move constantly and no one gets their panties in a twist except crazy fans.

Actually ACF had 5 teams this season according to their website. Including two level 4's. They also did quite well at NCA coming home with at least one banner. They may have been hit in the level 5 pocket but their lower level game is still strong.
I think it's ridiculous that people are accusing CA of "taking" athletes after they have been trained by other gyms. Spirit, Champion, ProSpirit all field successful Worlds teams within 45 minutes of each other. Unless you live here you don't get it. Athletes move constantly and no one gets their panties in a twist except crazy fans.

Not speaking on the last part, but just the ACF part -they were considered small gym so still not that many kids like they use to have as they were also nominated for small program of the year according to USASF website. I know quite a few kids that crossed over between teams to make those 5 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the thing about cheer in NC..tons of athletes have been doing this just about their whole lives, and are tied down to a gym and it's athletes, and wouldn't leave for the world. That's why some gyms continue year after year to put out only a few teams amongst their plethora that are actually competitive...and those athletes don't care if they're on a good team or not, they're in it for the friends and fun, understandable. There is however a small portion of athletes that would travel cross state just to wear CA on their chest...I guess we will have to see which gyms remain standing after CA tryouts..all I'm sayin is I hope that the successful small gyms in our area don't get wiped out just because of a famous gym..I would hate for divisions to keep shrinking as they have been..

Do people think when Frisco was opened it didn't affect other programs in that area? Or even the Austin location? Cuz it sure has. Austin Cheer Factory when from 8 teams I believe to 3. They know kids will leave and come be apart of the name and same will happen in Charlotte.

I promise, there are plenty of people dissatisfied with their Charlotte-area gyms. There is plenty of money, plenty of world athletes, plenty of parents who would like to start small and be CA- trained from the get go. It seems to me that @BlueCat did his homework, pays attention to the posts, and the number of parents and/or athletes that are dissatisfied with their current gym. There's a potential for some of the existing gyms to lose enough business to fold, there will be plenty of people that will go straightaway. I think healthy competition never hurt anyone.

I think what CA in Charlotte will do is A) Bring more competition and B) Force everyone to consider how they place their lower level teams. CEA/CA (I know little about CAC's gym structure) have two radically different approaches to lower levels (CA you must be VERY well rounded to compete at a level, and CEA often 'competes up' to give the kids something to strive for). It will be interesting to see how this affects everyone in the next 2-3 seasons.
If nothing else the competition sounds like it's going to benefit the athletes. From the sounds of it NC appreciates having another mega gym option, and that's good. And, maybe the smaller gyms won't suffer as much as it seems. CA showing up on the scene may draw out some cheerleaders that otherwise had given up on cheer.

Back