All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Irving Bluecanoe is my personal favorite gas station for food.

and Tim Hortons...even though they're not actually a gas station every location I've seen in Maine is basically next to one.

[This concludes the most Canadian post I think I've ever made on this forum]

It is worth noting that since we raised our standards for team placement, I haven't seen athletes' individual progress slow at all. If anything, I think that their fundamental technique has improved and they later get elite skills faster once they start working on them. It is like sharpening your axe before chopping a tree - sometimes working smarter gets the job done faster (and with less injury) than simply plowing through.

When CP joined CA last year she had just started working on a back tuck. She had thrown it a few times at our former gym but somewhere along the way, she stopped. She worked on it all year in her tumbling class - her coaches were so positive and encouraging and I knew that when she finally threw her tuck, it would be perfect since they spent so much time working on her technique. Almost one year later, she finally got the courage to try and it was beautiful and high and tight!! And the best part about cleaning up her tumbling technique was she quit complaining that her wrists and ankles hurt :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Though not necessarily for the industry.
Out of curiosity, where is your dividing line between when a program's growth is healthy, and when it is "too big" for the industry?

We view ourselves as being good for the industry. (In fairness, I'm sure every gym owner thinks that of themselves.) We added 35 jobs to "the industry" in the last year alone and that is before we really start seriously hiring for Charlotte. We have over 100 employees now and for most of them, it is a full-time career situation with health benefits, retirement plans, and legitimate opportunities for advancement within the company. Most of our staff lead me to believe that they are in their dream job. They don't feel like they have a "Wal-Mart" type job at all.

We are not saints and we have our slip-ups from time to time, but ultimately I think that we treat other folks in the industry with respect and courtesy. We do what can to teach sportsmanship to our athletes and try to do it with an emphasis on positive reinforcement. We have been fortunate to have some success results-wise, but that is NOT the most important thing we do - not by a long shot.

Obviously, I am not remotely close to objective.

Last edited:
Oh Dixie! I am so sad for you. You obviously also need to move to Kernersville ASAP. Sheetz is a gas station! But it's so much more.. They have this place in there with these touch screen computers and you press them and then they make any food you could ever desire! Smoothies! Coffee! Wraps! Burgers! Mac and cheese! Salad! They have every slushy under the sun.. All kinds of grab and go stuff! It's amazing. And unfortunately localized to the nc/va/md/pa (and maybe a few other places now.. I've lived in the Midwest now for almost a decade).

(Deleted pic to save room)

We have Sheetz in NE Ohio too!

Out of curiosity, where is your dividing line between when a program's growth is healthy, and when it is "too big" for the industry?

We view ourselves as being good for the industry. (In fairness, I'm sure every gym owner thinks that of themselves.) We added 35 jobs to "the industry" in the last year alone and that is before we really start seriously hiring for Charlotte. We have over 100 employees now and for most of them, it is a full-time career situation with health benefits, retirement plans, and legitimate opportunities for advancement within the company. Most of our staff lead me to believe that they are in their dream job. They don't feel like they have a "Wal-Mart" type job at all.

We are not saints and we have our slip-ups from time to time, but ultimately I think that we treat other folks in the industry with respect and courtesy. We do what can to teach sportsmanship to our athletes and try to do it with an emphasis on positive reinforcement. We have been fortunate to have some success results-wise, but that is NOT the most important thing we do - not by a long shot.

Obviously, I am not remotely close to objective.
I actually wondered this too when I saw that reply. I'm genuinely curious as to why the poster sees it as a bad thing for the industry, while still being good for the consumer. Isn't it ultimately the consumers who feed/fuel the industry to begin with?

Back