All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Could you explain this a little more? I'm curious as to why you couldn't have any contact with them after leaving the program.
When we left that gym we were told by the owners that if we chose to leave we were never allowed to walk back in the doors again and we were not allowed access to their coaching staff. (Anyone who knew the level of commitment we had to that program would understand just how horrible this was to hear...let's just say it cured me of drinking anyone's kool aid for the rest of my life).

Our last day in the gym (I paid for them both for a full hour with my kids in a private for some final family time) was great...until you saw the look cross all four of their faces when they had five minutes left....that they only had five. Minutes. Left.

The tears started then and at least with my family persisted in random outbursts for the next 8 hours. The texts I got from one of them led me to believe he was having just as hard a time.

The owners could keep us away from each other in the gym in an official capacity, but they could not keep us away from each other in social media, or cookouts at the house, or getting hugs when we saw them at competition. Those guys are literally family to us. I love them like they're my own and they feel the same way about my kids no matter what colors any of us wear. They have been beside themselves with pride over what my kids accomplished with their new teams this year. This is how it should be, rather than how it can be with new/old coaches when gym changes happen.

When we left that gym we were told by the owners that if we chose to leave we were never allowed to walk back in the doors again and we were not allowed access to their coaching staff. (Anyone who knew the level of commitment we had to that program would understand just how horrible this was to hear...let's just say it cured me of drinking anyone's kool aid for the rest of my life).

Our last day in the gym (I paid for them both for a full hour with my kids in a private for some final family time) was great...until you saw the look cross all four of their faces when they had five minutes left....that they only had five. Minutes. Left.

The tears started then and at least with my family persisted in random outbursts for the next 8 hours. The texts I got from one of them led me to believe he was having just as hard a time.

The owners could keep us away from each other in the gym in an official capacity, but they could not keep us away from each other in social media, or cookouts at the house, or getting hugs when we saw them at competition. Those guys are literally family to us. I love them like they're my own and they feel the same way about my kids no matter what colors any of us wear. They have been beside themselves with pride over what my kids accomplished with their new teams this year. This is how it should be, rather than how it can be with new/old coaches when gym changes happen.

This confuses me. Why wouldn't an athlete and their family be allowed back if they left? Is that policy normal in North Carolina?

This confuses me. Why wouldn't an athlete and their family be allowed back if they left? Is that policy normal in North Carolina?
I don't think it's a standard policy although I can think of at least two area programs that don't allow other athletes to tumble at their gyms. I know it's not that way at cheer extreme. I think the owners were trying to keep their fingers in the dam at the end of that season. We weren't the only ones who were leaving for various reasons. As it happened that gym got bought out/sold out/merged with another gym (whichever language you wish to use) just about 2-3 weeks after the season ended. It was a shame too. That was an amazing and talented program for the four short years it existed.

I took his question more to mean if you left a gym (like CEA for example) for another gym and then decided you wanted to go back to CEA after a season or two, would they let you come back? Is it a normal policy for gyms in this area to not to accept a kid back if they wanted to come back?

*as far I know/have seen CEA does- just used them as an example.

I took his question more to mean if you left a gym (like CEA for example) for another gym and then decided you wanted to go back to CEA after a season or two, would they let you come back? Is it a normal policy for gyms in this area to not to accept a kid back if they wanted to come back?

*as far I know/have seen CEA does- just used them as an example.
It would be pretty bad business practice not to allow such a thing. In this case I'm not sure if they would've let people return (I would assume so), they sortof torched those bridges for us as we left so no one did go back that I'm aware of. People went to several other area gyms or just quit all together. And people stayed too. But that gym only existed about 2-3 more weeks after that. I'm not sure how many of us got the "if you leave you leave forever" speech, I just know we did.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't think it's a standard policy although I can think of at least two area programs that don't allow other athletes to tumble at their gyms. I know it's not that way at cheer extreme. I think the owners were trying to keep their fingers in the dam at the end of that season. We weren't the only ones who were leaving for various reasons. As it happened that gym got bought out/sold out/merged with another gym (whichever language you wish to use) just about 2-3 weeks after the season ended. It was a shame too. That was an amazing and talented program for the four short years it existed.
This has been a major problem for us since the season ended. Finding somewhere for CP to tumble has been impossible. She finished the season with her gym April 12. Since the announcement that CA is coming to town all the local gyms have shut their doors to non members. You used to be able to pay $10 per class at several gyms. But we were told that unless we filled out registration packet for next season, paid tryout fee & gave a voided check for next years tuition to be drafted we couldn't tumble. This is definitely something new to this area. We call it "The CA effect" ;)

This has been a major problem for us since the season ended. Finding somewhere for CP to tumble has been impossible. She finished the season with her gym April 12. Since the announcement that CA is coming to town all the local gyms have shut their doors to non members. You used to be able to pay $10 per class at several gyms. But we were told that unless we filled out registration packet for next season, paid tryout fee & gave a voided check for next years tuition to be drafted we couldn't tumble. This is definitely something new to this area. We call it "The CA effect" ;)

Well starting next week, regardless of what gym you are from, where you are are trying out, or what gym's t-shirt you are wearing, you can go to "the Clawstle" (working nickname - thank you KateMarie89) and take classes. Even better - we won't charge you for classes in May.

Honesty time:

That is the dumbest business logic I have ever heard.

How does one attract new kids when you can't open tumble or walk in the door without signing up and making a year commitment?

The equivalent:

Me: Hey Honda dealership, I'd love to test drive one of your cars!

Dealer: Sure, just sign this lease paperwork and pay your down payment.

Um. No.

I wanted to add that if you're confident in your service/product, it doesn't matter who comes to town, you're going to WELCOME families who want to come in and tumble or watch practice so they can SEE your awesomeness and wonder how they can be part of it!

If you're confident in what you're selling, CA could come in across the street with Top Gun of NC on the next exit, Spirit of North Carolina next door, Cali-olina on the corner, and Stingrays in the next town, and you STILL would offer open tumbling. Not get scared and start to behave like some sort of Cheer Cold War is starting.

I wanted to add that if you're confident in your service/product, it doesn't matter who comes to town, you're going to WELCOME families who want to come in and tumble or watch practice so they can SEE your awesomeness and wonder how they can be part of it!

If you're confident in what you're selling, CA could come in across the street with Top Gun of NC on the next exit, Spirit of North Carolina next door, Cali-olina on the corner, and Stingrays in the next town, and you STILL would offer open tumbling. Not get scared and start to behave like some sort of Cheer Cold War is starting.
YES to Cali-olina.

Honesty time:

That is the dumbest business logic I have ever heard.

How does one attract new kids when you can't open tumble or walk in the door without signing up and making a year commitment?

The equivalent:

Um. No.
Welcome to Charlotte :)

We haven't been looking to tumble anywhere else this season so I haven't run into this specifically (outside of already knowing they couldn't work with their former coaches) but it's not out of the ordinary around here.

We were evicted from a gym we'd been doing open tumbling with last year (it was like a $10, 2 hr class and was great) when we were asked our tryout intentions specifically....and specifically answered (honestly) where they were going to tryout for 13-14.

We were told at that point we were not allowed to return unless we were trying out there. And so we've never been back because that gym still has that rule (and it's a different gym than the one wed left).

Honesty time:

That is the dumbest business logic I have ever heard. How does one attract new kids when you can't open tumble or walk in the door without signing up and making a year commitment?

The equivalent:
Um. No.

or:

DEALER: I see here in our records that you USED to drive a Honda, but then you went and bought a Toyota. If you ever own another car, then you are never allowed to set foot in a Honda dealership again.

Customer: But I bought 8 different Hondas, and had 25 of my friends buy Hondas over the last 10 years from you and helped put your daughter through college.

DEALER: Doesn't matter. You bought a different car this year.

Customer: But I didn't like my Toyota as much as I thought and I decided to buy a Honda again.

DEALER: ..... (didn't hear customer, because they had already walked off.)

Last edited:
or:

DEALER: I see here in our records that you USED to drive a Honda, but then you went and bought a Toyota. If you ever own another car, then you are never allowed to set foot in a Honda dealership again.

Customer: But I bought 8 different Hondas, and had 25 of my friends buy Hondas over the last 10 years from you and helped put your daughter through college.

DEALER: Doesn't matter. You bought a different car this year.

Customer: But I didn't like my Toyota as much as I thought and I decided to buy a Honda again.

DEALER: ..... (didn't hear customer, because they had already walked off.)

I have to say ALL Charlotte gyms are not like this. The gym my CP belongs to would not turn a child away that wants to tumble. Southern hospitality does still exist some places. Welcome to Charlotte CA we are looking forward to the competition. See you on the mat ;)

Back