All-Star Cali Ghost Recon Lost Their Paid Bid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

torycf

Cheer Parent
Oct 18, 2011
Can someone confirm? I was told they had too many cross overs from Black Ops...

I did see from just looking through instagram that that girl jessica that used to be on smoed who is now on black ops filled in for ghost recon at the competition they got the paid bid at. i thought it was weird because the new rule this year is that whatever team you get a bid with second is the team that you have to compete at worlds with.

Isn't there a rule for losing paid bid due to the fact of how many roster changes u do not the actual competition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't there a rule for losing paid bid due to the fact of how many roster changes u do not the actual competition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you're asking.

There's a rule this year that you can't crossover to another team to help them get a paid bid and then go back to your original team. The last team you get a paid bid with is the one you have to compete with at worlds.

You're also only able to replace so many athletes from when you got the bid to worlds.

Did Ghost Recon decline their bid after realizing a bunch of Black Ops athletes wouldn't be able to compete with BLOPS anymore?

I'm curious too... can they? @Ashley

I didn't even realise they already had an at-large bid earlier in the season.

AL bids don't get passed down, so I assume so.

And I was told they're going to worlds on an AL bid now - so apparently.

There's a rule this year that you can't crossover to another team to help them get a paid bid and then go back to your original team. The last team you get a paid bid with is the one you have to compete with at worlds.

You're also only able to replace so many athletes from when you got the bid to worlds.

Did Ghost Recon decline their bid after realizing a bunch of Black Ops athletes wouldn't be able to compete with BLOPS anymore?
If this is the case (and from what little I have heard it is but I have no verification), unless I am reading it wrong, per the rules the Black Ops athletes would have to stay on Recon. It clearly states once the bid is awarded. It doesn't state that you can just say "ehhh we will just give the bid back":

ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY LIMITS: EARNING MULTIPLE PAID BIDS
Athletes within the same program are limited to the number of teams on which they are eligible to compete and earn paid or partial-paid bids. Once an athlete has competed for a team and earned a paid or partial-paid bid, the athlete is permitted to move to another team within his or her program. If the athlete's second team earns a paid or partial-paid bid, they are bound to the second team and may only compete with the second team at Worlds. The athlete is no longer eligible to compete with the first team once the second team is awarded a paid or partial-paid bid.

The number of athletes that have already earned a paid bid that are eligible to compete for and be awarded a paid or partial-paid bid on a second team is limited:

• a small team may have up to 3 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
  • a medium team may have up to 4 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
  • a large team may have up to 5 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
Roster Violations Any team or program found to be in violation of rostering guidelines at Bid Qualifying events and/or The Cheerleading World Championship is subject to disciplinary action that may include, but is not limited to, disqualification, fines, denied participation in future events and/or membership revocation.

If this is the case (and from what little I have heard it is but I have no verification), unless I am reading it wrong, per the rules the Black Ops athletes would have to stay on Recon. It clearly states once the bid is awarded. It doesn't state that you can just say "ehhh we will just give the bid back":
ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY LIMITS: EARNING MULTIPLE PAID BIDS
Athletes within the same program are limited to the number of teams on which they are eligible to compete and earn paid or partial-paid bids. Once an athlete has competed for a team and earned a paid or partial-paid bid, the athlete is permitted to move to another team within his or her program. If the athlete's second team earns a paid or partial-paid bid, they are bound to the second team and may only compete with the second team at Worlds. The athlete is no longer eligible to compete with the first team once the second team is awarded a paid or partial-paid bid.

The number of athletes that have already earned a paid bid that are eligible to compete for and be awarded a paid or partial-paid bid on a second team is limited:

• a small team may have up to 3 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
  • a medium team may have up to 4 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
  • a large team may have up to 5 athletes that have previously been awarded a paid or partial-paid bid
Roster Violations Any team or program found to be in violation of rostering guidelines at Bid Qualifying events and/or The Cheerleading World Championship is subject to disciplinary action that may include, but is not limited to, disqualification, fines, denied participation in future events and/or membership revocation.

I think it makes perfect sense that if you decline the bid, those athletes can compete with their original team. I think that Earn/Awarded generally means awarded and keeps.

However, this also says that Cali should be subject to some sort of disciplinary action.

And once again, USASF forgets all about international teams (though they don't usually forget about I5). Is an IOC5 team allowed 3 or 4 crossovers? Small Senior is 20, Medium is 30, International is 24.

Also, this rule is about paid -> paid crossovers. If team A gets an AL bid and they cross to team B who gets a FP bid, are they required to compete with team B at worlds? I previously thought so, but it doesn't look like it here.

I think it makes perfect sense that if you decline the bid, those athletes can compete with their original team. I think that Earn/Awarded generally means awarded and keeps.

However, this also says that Cali should be subject to some sort of disciplinary action.

And once again, USASF forgets all about international teams (though they don't usually forget about I5). Is an IOC5 team allowed 3 or 4 crossovers? Small Senior is 20, Medium is 30, International is 24.
I love debating rules with you because you know them so well, so I'm taking the gym in question out of it and just focusing on the written rule. I agree with you if the gym declined the bid at the competition - however the gym should have just notified the EP that they were not competing for a paid bid to make it clear they were competing within the rules.
The rule states if the team EARNED a bid, which this team did. It states nothing about if they decline it after they have earned it. To me, if you have received a paid bid and accepted it at the competition you should be bound by the rules.
And I agree completely that International teams are an afterthought always.

Not that ignorance is a valid excuse, but I'm personally okay with Ghost Recon declining their bid and not punishing those Black Ops athletes. The USASF rules aren't a legally binding document and I don't have a problem with them interpreting the rules slightly differently. I think the intent of the rule is pretty clear.

Last edited:

How many athletes can be replaced with a FP bid?

How many athletes can be replaced with a FP bid?

It's the same for AL/PP/FP:

Maximum number of substitutions:
• Small Division Teams - 6
• Medium Division Teams and International Open Teams - 8
• Large Division Teams - 10

The allocated maximum number of substitutions will be allowed per team for The Cheerleading Worlds™. A substitute must be a regularpaid participant from another team at the same gym and must have competed “on the floor” with that team from that gym at the same event where the bid was awarded. All substitutes must meet the same eligibility requirements as the original team that was awarded a bid (i.e. age, etc.)

Worlds Wild Card Alternates Rule:
Of the allowable maximum number of substitutions (above), one to three of those may be Wild Card alternates. Wild Card alternates are registered members of the same team’s program that received the bid. Wild Card alternates do not have to be rostered or in attendance at the Worlds bid-qualifying event where the bid was received.

So if you're talking about your CP's team (I think I know which team that is), it's 8.

Back