All-Star Cali Ghost Recon Lost Their Paid Bid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Parents were told bid was accepted. When USASF looked at the names at the roster submitted there was a discripency which prompted a call to the program. Not aware of the new rule.

Parents were told bid was accepted. When USASF looked at the names at the roster submitted there was a discripency which prompted a call to the program. Not aware of the new rule.

In that case, I take back what I said; the BLOP athletes should be ineligible for World's under the current rule.

I can't imagine being a parent mixed up in this situation though; going from a Paid Bid to an AL Bid is a huge financial hit.

From what I understand parents were not told and it was just aasumed by everyone they would accept it. The mistake was made in error with ignorance of the rule. Things are being handled by the team. For those "speculating", this has been completely out of proportion. There was a major injury and an issue with another athlete not being able to compete due scheduling issues. Both of which happened very last minute, the only logical choice was to pull 2 world class athletes to help out the team. No malicious or shady intent. I am very sure they are aware of the rule now, and I'm sure due dilligence is being taken to avoid this ever happening in the future.

From what I understand parents were not told and it was just aasumed by everyone they would accept it. The mistake was made in error with ignorance of the rule. Things are being handled by the team. For those "speculating", this has been completely out of proportion. There was a major injury and an issue with another athlete not being able to compete due scheduling issues. Both of which happened very last minute, the only logical choice was to pull 2 world class athletes to help out the team. No malicious or shady intent. I am very sure they are aware of the rule now, and I'm sure due dilligence is being taken to avoid this ever happening in the future.

No one believes they did this malicious or shady intent, at least, that isn't what I'm seeing in this thread. Instead, the issue is that once USASF makes a rule, their refusal to stand by their own rule makes everyone far less likely to follow them in the future.

Technically speaking, I am not sure the bid was awarded, since they submitted an incorrect roster, and the USASF did not award the bid based on the mistake.

The truth of the matter in regards to Cali Ghost’s Full Paid Bid. First of all they did not LOSE their bid. Cali regretfully had to decline the bid due to the crossover/alternate rule. International Open is a new team and division this season at this location. Yes, it was something that was unintentionally missed by the Cali staff in the rules. There were NOT multiple crossovers in fact only 2 alternates that filled in last minute for injured athletes that were unable to compete. As a parent of an athlete on this team I take strong offense to all the negative and simply rude comments about these hard working and well deserving athletes. If you do not know what the truth is please do not speculate and attempt to spread rumors or lies. How would you feel if it happened to your team, try putting the shoe on the other foot? Most of this team is young adults that now have to pay their own way to Worlds. Let’s not forget the fact that we all had to pay over $1000 just to attend that competition. With that being said the entire Cali program and we parents are very proud of them, and they will be going to Worlds.

The truth of the matter in regards to Cali Ghost’s Full Paid Bid. First of all they did not LOSE their bid. Cali regretfully had to decline the bid due to the crossover/alternate rule. International Open is a new team and division this season at this location. Yes, it was something that was unintentionally missed by the Cali staff in the rules. There were NOT multiple crossovers in fact only 2 alternates that filled in last minute for injured athletes that were unable to compete. As a parent of an athlete on this team I take strong offense to all the negative and simply rude comments about these hard working and well deserving athletes. If you do not know what the truth is please do not speculate and attempt to spread rumors or lies. How would you feel if it happened to your team, try putting the shoe on the other foot? Most of this team is young adults that now have to pay their own way to Worlds. Let’s not forget the fact that we all had to pay over $1000 just to attend that competition. With that being said the entire Cali program and we parents are very proud of them, and they will be going to Worlds.
I understand your frustration. However no one has any issue with the athletes. My issue lies with USASF and their failure to enforce rules (a problem since I have been involved with cheer), so when things like this happen and there is zero communication from the EP or the governing body, people are left to piece together what happened on their own. There have been too many issues in the past (generally speaking - not with your gym) to not speculate.

Stinks for all the athletes and parents for that team, both emotionally and financially. No one bashed them on here. Bottom line is the coaches/owners should have known the rules.

I'm sorry that it was a negative experience for you, and the team. It was, truly, a huge disappointment I am sure. I think we all agree that the program made the mistake, and that doesn't reflect on the athletes at all. I don't personally believe anyone holds any athlete responsible for this. We also have pretty uniformly expressed our sympathy for the parents and athletes regarding this situation, with, perhaps, a few exceptions.

I think I am probably the only one who speculated at all about any athletes, and I speculated that they either didn't know the rules, or thought they were abiding by them somehow. It was theoretical, and I'm fairly certain I expressed that it was.

The truth of the matter is that it was a big mistake, one that was costly and public. The public part of it it something that stings, I am sure. But please don't forget that the program has both benefited, and not benefited from publicity... you get fans with people knowing you, just the same as you get critics. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing there are still quite a few fans who are hoping Ghost does well on their at large!

The actual debate here has been if there was a fair application of the rules. People have wondered, and disagreed about, if the rules state that the athletes who earned the paid bid where bound to the second team. Some of us say no, some of us say yes, and some of us are not certain. I say it is a valid debate. Whether you recognize it or not, there is a pattern of the bigger name gyms getting some preferential treatment. I don't personally think it applies here, but I can see why it looks that way.

For me, the issue I see as the most "interesting" or "debatable" is the pattern I see of the USASF's intentional ambiguity when publishing rules. I feel like they publish rules to please their stakeholders ( i.e. No more using the same World's athletes to earn multiple paid bids) and then obfuscate them, so that if anyone gets really ticked off, they don't have to follow them. I think this is intentional, but it is debatable as to if it is.

I'm sorry that you feel people's interest in the subject is personally offensive though. I just want to point out that it is, for the most part, more theoretical than anything.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that it was a negative experience for you, and the team. It was, truly, a huge disappointment I am sure. I think we all agree that the program made the mistake, and that doesn't reflect on the athletes at all. I don't personally believe anyone holds any athlete responsible for this. We also have pretty uniformly expressed our sympathy for the parents and athletes regarding this situation, with, perhaps, a few exceptions.

I think I am probably the only one who speculated at all about any athletes, and I speculated that they either didn't know the rules, or thought they were abiding by them somehow. It was theoretical, and I'm fairly certain I expressed that it was.

The truth of the matter is that it was a big mistake, one that was costly and public. The public part of it it something that stings, I am sure. But please don't forget that the program has both benefited, and not benefited from publicity... you get fans with people knowing you, just the same as you get critics. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing there are still quite a few fans who are hoping Ghost does well on their at large!

The actual debate here has been if there was a fair application of the rules. People have wondered, and disagreed about, if the rules state that the athletes who earned the paid bid where bound to the second team. Some of us say no, some of us say yes, and some of us are not certain. I say it is a valid debate. Whether you recognize it or not, there is a pattern of the bigger name gyms getting some preferential treatment. I don't personally think it applies here, but I can see why it looks that way.

For me, the issue I see as the most "interesting" or "debatable" is the pattern I see of the USASF's intentional ambiguity when publishing rules. I feel like they publish rules to please their stakeholders ( i.e. No more using the same World's athletes to earn multiple paid bids) and then obfuscate them, so that if anyone gets really ticked off, they don't have to follow them. I think this is intentional, but it is debatable as to if it is.

I'm sorry that you feel people's interest in the subject is personally offensive though. I just want to point out that it is, for the most part, more theoretical than anything.
Thank you. Yes as a parent most of what was said my daughter has read and it has truly hurt her. People stating that they "cheated" and basically making fun of them they had no idea of such a rule and used who their alternates for the injured athletes. I just hate that 98% seemed be all bashing this team and their athletes on this thread. Those who have not have been negative I truly appreciate.

Back