California All Stars Ontario

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 8, 2014
My girls are with a cheer organization that we're not 100% happy with right now (I won't go into details). We're moving westward from LA soon to Ontario or OC area and I wanted more info on the Cali All Stars Ontario gym.
I know they have all levels, but are they as good as the San Marcos and Ventura teams? Why didn't they go to NCA Nationals? Do they have bids to Summit (level 2/3/4). or Worlds?

One of my daughters is a level 2 base; the other is a level 3 flyer, but close to having level 4 tumbling. We've seen some YouTube videos of the Ontario gym, but we really don't get a feel for how the teams did compared to their competition. It doesn't seem like they compete at the "big" events.

How do the parents of the Ontario gym feel about it? Were there any problems with the first year of expansion to Ontario?

My girls are with a cheer organization that we're not 100% happy with right now (I won't go into details). We're moving westward from LA soon to Ontario or OC area and I wanted more info on the Cali All Stars Ontario gym.
I know they have all levels, but are they as good as the San Marcos and Ventura teams? Why didn't they go to NCA Nationals? Do they have bids to Summit (level 2/3/4). or Worlds?

One of my daughters is a level 2 base; the other is a level 3 flyer, but close to having level 4 tumbling. We've seen some YouTube videos of the Ontario gym, but we really don't get a feel for how the teams did compared to their competition. It doesn't seem like they compete at the "big" events.

How do the parents of the Ontario gym feel about it? Were there any problems with the first year of expansion to Ontario?

Hi. My cp cheers at the Ventura gym. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. I know Ontario is competing this weekend at a comp there on Ontario. They're also going to UCA next weekend, I believe. I would definitely encourage you to go visit the gym and perhaps have ur kids do some tumbling there. :)

Hi, I too have a daughter at the Ventura gym.

Regarding Ontario not attending NCA, I suspect that's because they are attending UCA in five days. To do both is a lot of travel in a short time. Ontario has had UCA on their schedule this entire season so it's not like they couldn't hang at NCA and chose to go to UCA.

As for the skill of the teams at the Ontario gym. I knew they would be good but they are better than I even had anticipated. They had a good competition this past weekend from what I understand. First place for every Ontario team.

I've never even spoken to an Ontario parent or heard anything pro or con relative to the workings of the gym. But, every CALI location has some oversight ensuring consistency between the gyms etc. So, it's safe to say you aren't going to encounter many (if any) issues.

I think the issue is more whether you feel you can support the mindset, schedule etc. that's required of the athletes/parents, and whether the gym can provide you and your child what you require in order for you feel satisfied. That's where visiting the gym (especially to watch a practice) can help a lot. And, if it's not a match there's lots of other good gyms nearby in Orange County you can look in to.

Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hi, I too have a daughter at the Ventura gym.

Regarding Ontario not attending NCA, I suspect that's because they are attending UCA in five days. To do both is a lot of travel in a short time. Ontario has had UCA on their schedule this entire season so it's not like they couldn't hang at NCA and chose to go to UCA.

As for the skill of the teams at the Ontario gym. I knew they would be good but they are better than I even had anticipated. They had a good competition this past weekend from what I understand. First place for every Ontario team.

I've never even spoken to an Ontario parent or heard anything pro or con relative to the workings of the gym. But, every CALI location has some oversight ensuring consistency between the gyms etc. So, it's safe to say you aren't going to encounter many (if any) issues.

I think the issue is more whether you feel you can support the mindset, schedule etc. that's required of the athletes/parents, and whether the gym can provide you and your child what you require in order for you feel satisfied. That's where visiting the gym (especially to watch a practice) can help a lot. And, if it's not a match there's lots of other good gyms nearby in Orange County you can look in to.

Good luck!

Now I have to try to guess who you are! Dun dun dun... :D

I have a cp at Ontario. I think the reason why you didn't see our gym at NCA and some of the other more well know comps is there was a big effort not to have teams from other locations competing against each other and maybe because we were scheduled to go to UCA we didn't do much traveling to other competitions due to the cost. The turn out for this first year was amazing and more than they expected, I think. All our teams were pretty much maxed out from tryouts and then some. Also most coaches were splitting their times between Ontario and San Marcos, this will change next year and we will have dedicated coaches to Ontario only. That being said we have some amazing talent at our gym and I think the interest list for next season is already very long and filled with some interesting talent. The Ontario gym is looking to be crazy good next year ( not that we aren't this year). We have consistently won at the comps we have gone to. All our levels have won and each team has great kids with a lot of talent on them.

I have a cp at Ontario. I think the reason why you didn't see our gym at NCA and some of the other more well know comps is there was a big effort not to have teams from other locations competing against each other and maybe because we were scheduled to go to UCA we didn't do much traveling to other competitions due to the cost. The turn out for this first year was amazing and more than they expected, I think. All our teams were pretty much maxed out from tryouts and then some. Also most coaches were splitting their times between Ontario and San Marcos, this will change next year and we will have dedicated coaches to Ontario only. That being said we have some amazing talent at our gym and I think the interest list for next season is already very long and filled with some interesting talent. The Ontario gym is looking to be crazy good next year ( not that we aren't this year). We have consistently won at the comps we have gone to. All our levels have won and each team has great kids with a lot of talent on them.

What levels do you have? Are there plans to have a level 5? Is there plans to get your own gym next season or are you going to stay at the gymnastics facility? Sorry for all questions just wondering :)

No confirmation on any of those questions as far as I know. The only thing I heard directly from a coaches mouth was that he and another coach will be at the Ontario gym full time next season. We absolutely have cp on our 4 that are level 5 ready but as far as what Tannaz has planned I do not know. I try not to count on the chatter from the parents as truth. Everyone always seems to think they know what is going to happen but I will definitely post on here when I get info from an official source. There is so much to consider when deciding on what teams are at what gyms. I do not envy that job!!!

I saw you guys swept in Ontario over the weekend. Congrats! So happy for you guys. Now go kill it in Florida. Good luck. :)

No confirmation on any of those questions as far as I know. The only thing I heard directly from a coaches mouth was that he and another coach will be at the Ontario gym full time next season. We absolutely have cp on our 4 that are level 5 ready but as far as what Tannaz has planned I do not know. I try not to count on the chatter from the parents as truth. Everyone always seems to think they know what is going to happen but I will definitely post on here when I get info from an official source. There is so much to consider when deciding on what teams are at what gyms. I do not envy that job!!!

This! Great answer! I don't envy that job either!

Back