All-Star California Allstars Expanding?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While the motive to opening a gym is to teach, it is a business that must be profitable in order to stay in business. It's very unlikely Cali could find a location that had lots of potential athletes and no other gym. I don't believe the intent is to hurt other businesses, but you have to go where the people are, and chance are, there's already a gym there.
Yep! I'm sure they will get some of the High Desert kids too.

While the motive to opening a gym is to teach, it is a business that must be profitable in order to stay in business. It's very unlikely Cali could find a location that had lots of potential athletes and no other gym. I don't believe the intent is to hurt other businesses, but you have to go where the people are, and chance are, there's already a gym there.
Sorry but I completely disagree. California is one of the largest states in the US with tons of cities with a large population. We're not talking about Rhode Island here ( no pun intended). There are plenty of cities to choose from. I'm pretty positive the intent wasn't just pick a well populated city and Just hope athletes will come to you, but the intent to choose a city with other successful programs to pull from. I just don't get the philosophy. It's actually made me pretty sad that this cheer world has come to vicious play.

Sorry but I completely disagree. California is one of the largest states in the US with tons of cities with a large population. We're not talking about Rhode Island here ( no pun intended). There are plenty of cities to choose from. I'm pretty positive the intent wasn't just pick a well populated city and Just hope athletes will come to you, but the intent to choose a city with other successful programs to pull from. I just don't get the philosophy. It's actually made me pretty sad that this cheer world has come to vicious play.
I agree to a certain point; if any gym is going to expand, they're going to move to an area where they know that they can find talented kids. It's just business, yes it sucks that it happens to be that way, but its the nature of the beast.

I agree to a certain point; if any gym is going to expand, they're going to move to an area where they know that they can find talented kids. It's just business, yes it sucks that it happens to be that way, but its the nature of the beast.

There are two ways to have talented athletes on your team.

1. Get an athlete who has already learned their skills.
2. Teach your athlete the skills.

Cali targets areas where there are talented athletes that will flock to their name. It works for them, obviously, and they have every right to do that.

However, my heart of hearts tears apart every time a small gym loses their best athletes and their chances of growing a strong upper division team. I have much more admiration for the coaches and gyms that have "home grown" athletes.

A gym that opens in a new area (and we have tons in So Cal) is doing something to help the grow the sport and its great to see them grew, Its something I love seeing. Letting someone else do all the leg work, then coming in and not really adding to the numbers.

Cali targets areas where there are talented athletes that will flock to their name. It works for them, obviously, and they have every right to do that.

However, my heart of hearts tears apart every time a small gym loses their best athletes and their chances of growing a strong upper division team. I have much more admiration for the coaches and gyms that have "home grown" athletes.
True, but the reason Cali is a big-named program is because they started from the bottom and raised their athletes to be very talented, once people began to notice them, then other talented athletes began to flock towards the program. As bad as it sounds, it is part of the business... If a smaller program does not give their athletes what they need/want, then they might be inclined to leave for a more "well known" program that is proved to be successful. BTW this was not meant to sound harsh at all and I only speak from the personal experience of going through the exact same situation last season.

Cali is coming to Rancho because Fierce hired Sean Miller. That history is a little long to discuss.

Sean Miller oversees a lot of the teams, aka Bucky's job, so he left because he wasn't being used at his full potential.

ALSO. Rancho Cucamonga is kind of a perfect spot. It's a mile away from fierce, close to Cheerforce and close to PCM Corona (where both international teams practice)

If Cali is trying to pull Inspire off again, Rancho is the perfect spot. A lot of athletes from that area who are on SM teams are aging out next year... Hint hint wink wink

Thats true but i dont think cali needs to place a gym around any other gyms to be successful so many people travel to be on their team but i guess it would hurt lol

im really hoping the heart of hearts was a reference to eragon.. if not. embarrasing for me

Thank you for literally saying what I have been dying to say for three years.

Back