All-Star California Allstars Is Buying Az Power

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So is kelly done coaching did she sell to cali and cali will bring in there own coaches to run it ... I've always wondered this...?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
This is also what I was wondering. AZ Power has been around for a while and they seem to be pretty successful, so I don't understand why she would sell the gym unless she was done coaching.

So is kelly done coaching did she sell to cali and cali will bring in there own coaches to run it ... I've always wondered this...?

tannaz's instagram response to kelly's comment:

@kellycowley we are incredibly blessed to have you onboard! Over the years you have built an incredible program and we have watched you grow and succeed in so many ways! We are thrilled to be working with you. You are amazing girl

I should point out that Pacific Coast Magic already has 6 locations also and possibly adding more and that CheerForce has 8 locations. So yeah there are some really big mega-gyms in California. There are a lot of cheer competitions also and a lot of healthy competition throughout. I am glad that we are all a bit spread out as well because they don't like competing against themselves. NCA, UCA, Summit and Worlds is going to be exciting next season!
PCM has 4 (now 5 with the acquisition of the AZ gym), and CF has 6, two of which are in San Diego.

What if we ended up with a west coast gym, an east coast gym, and a deep south gym... that would be scary, and I feel like it would take the prestige out of cheering at a well known gym (I know that you don't have to go through any special selection process to cheer at one, but still). It would be even weirder if they all had the same colors (I'm not talking about any gyms in particular--I might be alluding to Cali--but allstar gyms in general, there are a few really common colors schemes that lots of gyms have).

i think we could end up with a similar model to gymnastics. you can train the lower levels basically anywhere and then once you reach elite only a certain few gyms can/will train you.

currently, i know a lot of small gyms get upset that they basically train the talent and then it leaves to the big gym. so this would require a change in mindset, but it could actually help them in the long run, IMO. but what do i know.

i think we could end up with a similar model to gymnastics. you can train the lower levels basically anywhere and then once you reach elite only a certain few gyms can/will train you.

currently, i know a lot of small gyms get upset that they basically train the talent and then it leaves to the big gym. so this would require a change in mindset, but it could actually help them in the long run, IMO. but what do i know.
That might actually be a really good idea... hopefully people will start teaching better tumbling technique so they they can become more sought after as feeder programs. It might also be an incentive for small gyms to drop their participation costs, i.e. no more $300 uniforms.

I agree with @njallday , I think eventually (It's already started) there will be roughly 20-30 gyms that will be specifically for level 5 elite teams and the rest of the gyms will be feeder gyms for the lower levels.
Having this kind of system would dramatically improve divisions such as Sm Sr and Sm Coed at Worlds and NCA.

There are two sides of attitude on the part of the gyms though - 1) I'm happy I have trained this athlete to such a high standard that they have found a place on a high calibre team and 2) I'm angry that I have trained this athlete to such a high standard and now they have abandoned the gym.

When Cali buys another gym do they replace the coaches, bring in new coaches, are some of both? If the keep the old coaches is it just a name change really? Does anyone know in this case what will happen. They seem very successful in what they do and the teams are good no matter where they are from so they must know how to expand .
Usually the owners stay as well as the coaches. When CA Livermore started I believe Tannaz came up every now and then to check on things in the gym and see how things were progressing. However a few things happened in the Livermore location and the previous owners were taken out and replaced.

Am I the only one who thinks the "gymnastics model" idea is HORRIBLE???? I understand some parents are ok with sending their child to another city/state to cheer...and that's fine for them. But I am not sending my kids (or diving them multiple times each week) to another gym in another location. So if this were to happen my daughter, who is on pace to be on a level 5 team, would have to give up that dream? It just seems ridiculous. But I also think the franchising of cheer gyms is ridiculous too.

I guess that makes sense. I've never been to a California Pizza Kitchen but I think like with Texas Roadhouse it's a little different for a place to eat. The whole place is Texas themed with the music and the types of food and the decor and the dancing the staff does. It's trying to give off a "Texas atmosphere". I get what your saying but i think it works a little differently for a restaurant. Just my opinion tho.

Yes it maybe a little different as a restaurant, but have you ever heard of this "little" credit card company named American Express? They not only have locations in North America, but Europe, Australia, India, and several other countries. Not to mention they are accepted all over the world.

Back