All-Star California Soul 5 Gospel Theme....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just thought I'd share a little tidbit -

Although I see how some people could be offended by it - I am not. I have a strong faith based relationship with my God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. I see it more as a praise. Jesus says to prasie him and rejoice in him always; I take this routine as if that's what they are wanting to do. To give it all to him.

I'll never forget this: A few years back I was talking to a coach from Cali and they told me that they pray with their athletes each practice - and in no means push their own personal religious beliefs on them, but rather tell their athletes that when they pray as a team, that each of them should be praying to whatever they personally believe in. This person followed that by saying that they pray because a lot of the time, that prayer at practice is the only prayer that some kids will hear all week.

I'm sure if the coaches of this team feel it is going to offend people - they will change what they feel is most offensive.

I wasn't (and am still not) offended by the theme/voiceovers/music. I did however cringe a little watching it cause I knew there would be people who were. As long as the kids like it, I'm not really fussed (says the coach who had a jr team with a wedding them last year, but danced to cell block tango ;) )

My daughter attends Cali and yes they do pray after practice, but there are kids who do not participate which is just fine. This gym in my opinion is not anymore religious that any other gym we've attended. Prayer before competing, before a showcase and after practice is quite common in majority of the gyms in my area.

I am apparently too deaf and blind to see and/or hear what's going on because that looks like every other very talented team out there to me. Are you people blowing this up on a big screen tv or something? Lol I don't suppose I'm offended but am surprised people in this sport are willing to put something controversial out there.

I coach a different sport but would advise a client against doing anything controversial that might offend a judge and affect their placing. Why risk it?

I have a lot to learn about cheer and have nothing but respect for a program like Cali though.

Though it did leave me feeling kind of uncomfortable, I think that if everyone on the team likes it and the parents are ok with it, then there's no reason why they shouldn't be competing it. I was a little offended at some of the choreography and voiceovers, but in my opinion, that doesn't need to be their concern. If that is how they choose to praise or worship God or anything, that's really none of my business. Just because it is not ok with me, doesn't mean it isn't right for them, and it looks like it is, so good for them!

Controversy aside though, those athletes were fierce!

okay we got the answer from the coaches and the orgainzation so can we please lock the thread and move on as i see no way of ever sorting this matter out its simply something that does more harm then good

I'll preface this with the statement that I do not have strong religious beliefs at all.

That said, the music is fine by me, but I cringe at some of the choreographic choices and the imagery they're obviously created to emulate. It's a bit distasteful to me. I understand that the program/team/athletes/coaches/parents are comfortable. And great for them.

That said, I find overly sexual dances by teams with 12 year olds on them and uniforms that cover 1 square inch more than required by law to be equally as distasteful.

As a cheerleader coming from a gym that prays at every practice, before EVERY full go, at EVERY competition... I did not find this routine offensive.

I DID however find the "muslim" comment offensive.... Not cool. :/

I am a christian and I am offended which is MY personal opinion....
Lawd knows I hope they don't have muslim judges at NCA.
ooooooooops!

(Cellz 2 LV)

Back