All-Star Camp For The Cure 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 22, 2012
Calling all coaches/gyms in the DC area!!! In the works is a large mass cheer/hip hop camp to raise awareness and money for the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)!

A former athlete of mine (currently a HS cheerleader) came to me a few weeks ago asking if I would volunteer my time to help at a camp she wanted to run to raise money for the Foundation. She has been a Type 1 Diabetic since the age of 6 and wears an insulin pump on her body at all times. Her biggest dream was to cheer but she didn't know if she would be able to due to her Diabetes. She came to our gym 4 years ago & was an immediate impact to everyone around her. Sure there were mood swings, constant checking of blood sugar numbers, sitting out to eat/drink to get her numbers in order, but that never made her want to give up. Yes, wearing the pump hurt and even worse when she would get hit out of a stunt. But being the great back spot she was, she never let any of that stop her! She is now a Junior in high school and awarded the MVP for her HS Competition team this past season!

I agreed to volunteer for the camp and then last week I chaired a work function that supported the JDRF and raised $425,000 by briging the Real Estate Industry in DC together for a common cause. The lightbulb went off! What if insteaad of a small cheer clinic we brought together the all-star industry for a great cause. The DC area is jam packed with talent from the athletes to the coaches and what a great way to show our athletes what community & helping others is all about.

If your or your gym is interested in volunteering your time, please contact me at [email protected]. The tentative date is set for September 9th and we are in the process of finding the best location to house the number of participants we hope to have.

Juvenile Diabetes affects more pepole than you probably realize - let's all band together for and join in the Camp for the Cure!!

Back