All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

omg this like made my night! haha im going alone and i was so scared but reading stuff like this makes me happyy :)

im going week 4! im so exciteddd!
the girls in my cabin were sooo sweet, especially all the "veterean" campers! they showed me around and really made me feel welcomed. i was so nervous and scared at first, but by the end of the first night i was so happy and excited to be there with people that shared the same interests as me

week three starts tomorrow ! im nervous because im going alone. any one else going tomorrow? ( Sunday, 19 ?)

My daughter will be there week 3. She is 8. Two of her friends from her gym will be there too and they are 10 & 11. They are all currently in PA staying overnight at a hotel there and will check in tomorrow. :) We are from Stars Athletics in Tampa, Florida.

omg this like made my night! haha im going alone and i was so scared but reading stuff like this makes me happyy :)

Ahh same here, every so often I start to freak out that Im going to be on my own on the other side of the world to my family for 3 weeks, but then something pops up on here that makes me feel so much better and just makes me so excited to go :)

Ahh same here, every so often I start to freak out that Im going to be on my own on the other side of the world to my family for 3 weeks, but then something pops up on here that makes me feel so much better and just makes me so excited to go :)
haha its exactly the same for me :) what weeks are you going?

Is anyone going week 5? It's the week during July 4th???
My cp will be there week 5. I had put her on the wait list for week 4 then realized she can't make it week 4 (duh!). Luckily 5 had openings so we're on!
She will be going by herself and its her first time :)

Anyone know if any teams will be there week 5? If so, which ones?

Cp is going week 5 also :)

I saw each week has a theme, how does it work? Is it one day or everyday?? Her week is 80's aerobics and I have to pack her since she will be gone the week before also...I'm sure to screw it up LOL

My daughters just got back from Week 2, and I have to say, their experience this year was NOT as good as last year. They had a decent time, but not great. For the price, I would expect great. The tumbling instruction was fine; however, the administrative end of the camp was horrible.

No one seems to be in charge. Specific requests we made months in advance were ignored, and things we were told prior to arriving were NOT the same when we got there. Unfortunately, those errors took away from the overall "camp" experience that my girls were hoping to get from an overnight camp (and that they did, in fact, get last year). On top of it, there was absolutely no one to talk to, in hopes of getting the situation fixed.

One of the reasons we chose Woodward is that there is a good balance of traditional "camp" experiences with the tumbling. This year, that balance was not quite as good, and my kids missed it.

In addition, there was a VERY serious issue with one of my daughter's counselors, and although the camp took care of it, no one called parents to let us know what had happened.

My advice would be for parents to CALL before your children arrive, if you have any specific questions or concerns, and then GET THE NAME of whoever you speak with....they seem to have a quite high rate of staff turnover in the office.

As for the tumbling, since they have different staff every week, you are never sure exactly what you will get. My kids had better instruction last year for the same week, as compared to this year. At this point, I don't think I will send my kids back. Searching for another similar camp online right now.

yeah im kinda confused about the theme thing aswell my theme is hawaiian... any suggestions on what i should bring?

not sure if this was already asked buutt how much spending money do you guys suggest i bring?
i brought around $100 last year and i spent all of it i think. but i spent alot of money on pizza and julips, and the rest of the food at camp is free so you don't have to buy those things

My daughters just got back from Week 2, and I have to say, their experience this year was NOT as good as last year. They had a decent time, but not great. For the price, I would expect great. The tumbling instruction was fine; however, the administrative end of the camp was horrible.

No one seems to be in charge. Specific requests we made months in advance were ignored, and things we were told prior to arriving were NOT the same when we got there. Unfortunately, those errors took away from the overall "camp" experience that my girls were hoping to get from an overnight camp (and that they did, in fact, get last year). On top of it, there was absolutely no one to talk to, in hopes of getting the situation fixed.

One of the reasons we chose Woodward is that there is a good balance of traditional "camp" experiences with the tumbling. This year, that balance was not quite as good, and my kids missed it.

In addition, there was a VERY serious issue with one of my daughter's counselors, and although the camp took care of it, no one called parents to let us know what had happened.

My advice would be for parents to CALL before your children arrive, if you have any specific questions or concerns, and then GET THE NAME of whoever you speak with....they seem to have a quite high rate of staff turnover in the office.

As for the tumbling, since they have different staff every week, you are never sure exactly what you will get. My kids had better instruction last year for the same week, as compared to this year. At this point, I don't think I will send my kids back. Searching for another similar camp online right now.

Wow, your post makes me worry about my 8 year old that my husband just dropped off today (He flew there with her from Tampa). This will be her first sleep away camp experience. The cell phone signal wasn't working very well while he was there and because I am overseas right now, I do not know how it went when he dropped her off. I have to wait until he gets home to Tampa to find out. I know when I was e-mailing the camp, the replies I got were not too friendly or helpful, but there was never a name with the e-mail. I was inquring about a military discount/scholarship (which they apparently don't offer). My two oldest boys who are 18 and 17 received miltiary scholarships to the sleepaway camp they went to when they were young. All I got back was if I wanted a discount to apply for a parent job. Um... sorry, did you read my e-mail, I am military deployed overseas and my husband has to take care of all 4 kids himself, so no can do. :-/ My 9 year old son is now saying he wanted to go too, to the digital media side, but he tells me this only today! LoL.

Oh, but my husband did get the answers he wanted when he called the camp directly. I guess calling is better than e-mail.

Back